WordPress is one of the world’s most popular websites which is used by millions of individuals all around the world. For its worldwide popularity and usage, it is important that one must be aware of the WordPress Market Share, its usage stats, facts, and other significant information about the website.
Even though WordPress is used by many, you should know what this website builder is all about and how it works to get convinced of using it in the near future.
In this article, you will learn about all the important data about WordPress Market Share, how you can use the platform to start your own blog or website, and all options you get on WordPress to make the website more attractive so that it invites a lot of audiences.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a software where you can make a website or start your own blog. It is an open software that is available for users to download absolutely free. Also, it can be easily installed on any WordPress hosting company where you are planning to create a website.
One of the most important pointers of WordPress is that it is a source software whereas WordPress.com is a hosted solution, so do not get confused between the two.
The idea of WordPress was initiated by Matt Mullenweg who was later joined by Mark Little. They collaborated with each other and released the first version of WordPress on May 27 in the year 2003.
Ever since then, WordPress has become one of the most popular website builder platforms. Over time, the WordPress Market Share has increased as it is used by millions of users all around the world and helps them create great content on the internet.
How popular is WordPress?
WordPress is used by thousands of users all around the globe, making it one of the most popular e-commerce platforms in the world. Here are some interesting facts about the popularity of this open-source software.
- More than 43% of the websites on the internet are controlled and powered by WordPress.
- The WordPress Market Share is massive as in total, it holds around 65% of CMS share in the market.
- Some well-reputed and highly-acclaimed brands such as Facebook, Disney, etc., are also powered by WordPress.
- Over 38% of the top 10,000 websites on the internet are facilitated by WordPress.
- On a daily basis, more than 1000 new users create their WordPress sites.
Hence, when we talk about popularity, WordPress is at the top of it. As per its usage statistics, WordPress Market Share is three times larger than the usage of many other popular websites builders and blogging platforms combined.
One of the biggest reasons for the massive popularity of WordPress is its various plugins and extensions. Plugins work like apps when you create a website on WordPress. There are numerous plugins available on WordPress which you can install to add new features to your website.
Here are some amazing facts about WordPress plugins that you need to know to get an understanding of how massively famous they are.
- In total, there are more than 59,000 WordPress plugins on WordPress.org which is absolutely free or the users.
- Among them, 61 top WordPress plugins are installed on a large number of websites, the number being more than 1 million.
- WooCommerce is the most popular plugin which is installed and used by more than 5 million WordPress websites.
- WPForms, another popular plugin is installed on a number of websites, exceeding 5 million and has become one of the fastest-growing form builders on the internet.
If you wish to customize your website or add custom functionality, plugins are a great way to go. By maintaining an effective plugin ecosystem, you can design your website as per your wish and work towards its greater development.
Themes are created to enhance the aesthetic appearance of your WordPress website. There are many templates that you can install on WordPress to make your website look more attractive and appealing.
WordPress offers thousands of free as well as paid themes where you can create amazing combinations of different layouts, colours, designs, backgrounds, schemes, and features. Let’s look at some mind-blowing facts about WordPress themes.
- Themes were first introduced in the year 2005 with WordPress 1.5. The first-ever default WordPress theme was called ‘Kubrick’.
- There are many WordPress themes, both free and paid which are easy to install.
- At WordPress.org, you can find more than 1M+ free WordPress themes to install.
- The paid themes on WordPress are also affordable and you can buy WordPress themes from SKT Themes.
WordPress is open-source building software that is completely self-hosted. It means that in order to create a WordPress website, you are required to have a web hosting provider.
Since WordPress is the world’s most popular eCommerce platform, many hosting companies have created or added specialized WordPress hosting services so that it becomes easier for small-scale business owners to create their WordPress websites with much ease and convenience.
Mentioned below are some of the most popular WordPress hosting companies that provide hosting services to users all around the world.
- Newfold Digital Group: It is a hosting conglomerate that comes with many brands such as HostGator, Domain.com, etc., to offer WordPress hosting services to the users so that they can easily create a WordPress website.
- GoDaddy Group: This group includes many brands such as Media Temple, GoDaddy, Pagely, etc., where you can get WordPress hosting services to start your own website or blog.
- WP Engine: It is one of the leading companies that offer WordPress hosting services in the world.
- SiteGround: Another great hosting company is SiteGround which is widely used by users all around the world. The company provides excellent support to its users, and to host the WPBeginner site, this company is immensely famous for its WordPress hosting services.
- Hostinger: If you are looking for an affordable WordPress hosting company, this is the ideal option. The company has been growing in the market for a long time and is widely used due to its cheap web hosting prices.
It is a known fact that WordPress is the most commonly used CMS software in the world. Nonetheless, due to its high demand and immense popularity, it also invites a lot of safety threats and hacking attempts from other external sources. There can be many DDOS attacks, hacking stories, malware, which can affect the functioning of your WordPress website.
The WordPress Market Share is massive and holds more than 50% of CMS share which unfortunately makes it a threat to security. It has been reported that many CMS-based websites were hacked in the past years which were held by WordPress.
Another reason for malware is the usage of an outdated version of WordPress. That is why it is always recommended to use the latest WordPress version to ensure the smooth running of the website and also to protect it from threats.
Sometimes, due to outdated themes or plugins, WordPress sites may also become prone to security vulnerability. Also, due to weak passwords, anyone can hack your system. That is why use some security best practices to make your WordPress website safe and secure.
To be one of the most demanding and popular software builders in the world is like having a massive user base from all around the globe. WordPress is used by large, medium, and small businesses, governments, start-ups, colleges, schools, non-profits, and many more. It is run by a global community of users and is used by people all around the world in different ways.
WordPress has a translation community where it is translated into 56 languages in total. It also has partial translations in dozen other languages as well. The community also organizes various WordCamp events and several meetups in a lot of countries which include people from all over the world.
The WordPress Economy
The WordPress economy is massive as it generates a million jobs and opportunities for people all over the world. It is a platform for freelancers, developers, and all those companies that sell WordPress services to its users.
WordPress creates thousands of jobs on various freelancing websites. You can get job opportunities across various WordPress domains where you can work as a WordPress developer, WordPress writer, and more.
Also, there are various agencies and business organizations that sell WordPress-related services and products for people all around the world. Due to its high demand, it creates an ecosystem that has a multi-billion approach and offers many opportunities to individuals from every corner of the world.
In conclusion, WordPress is a platform that is for everyone. With all the valuable information in hand, you are now aware of what WordPress is all about and how you can use it to create your own website or blog. With its high usage and demand, the WordPress Market Share data is massive and continues to grow even today.
Hence, it is important to convince yourself to start using WordPress by relying on significant information about the platform so that you can make the best use out of it.