Before going into the meat of generating Pinterest traffic, here is some information first hand.
Pinterest is an online visual discovery tool (web and mobile application) that operates a software system designed to discover information on the worldwide web.
Technically, registration is required in order for you to use this platform.
This awesome tool allows users to discover things that inspire them, things they want to do, see or buy and sometimes even things they did not know they were looking for.
As a blogger you need to know things you can do to grow your Pinterest traffic and regularly benefit from it.
Pinterest is a highly successful startup with quite impressive statistics. Here are some facts from 2021:
- Total number of monthly active Pinterest users:150 million (source)
- Total Number of Pinterest Users who save Shopping Pins on Boards Daily: 2 million
- 70% of online consumers go to Pinterest to get ideas and inspiration on what to buy.
- 67% go on Pinterest to keep up with the latest trends
With this statistics you surely want to know things you can do to grow your Pinterest traffic.
But this surely does not mean that Pinterest should be used only personally but and especially for business.
In many cases Pinterest would be a more useful and profitable social platform because it creates & facilitates buying intent.
Companies and bloggers that use Pinterest highly effectively create sales more and more.
Pinterest helps brands and businesses:
- Get more traffic
- Make more sales
- Collect market intelligence which helps with future content & product development
- Raise their brand profile
- Develop loyal fans and brand advocates – determine exactly who is sharing your content
- Rank higher on search engines
- Reduce marketing expenses
- Have others create content for you
- Increase your exposure to a wider audience so others can reach out to you about partnerships
1. Register a business account
When speaking about things you can do to grow your Pinterest traffic, we first of all recommend you to sign up a business account and you’ll have access to Pinterest analytics – important information about your pins’ behavior – once you verify your website with Pinterest.
You can also apply for Rich Pins, which are pins with more information than your standard pin.
There are five different types, such as movie, article, product, app, recipe, and place, each with their own pin upgrades such as real time pricing and a direct link to your site.
Article pins are of great importance for bloggers.
Bloggers can use the platform to publish and promote their posts and it will be also a great help for those who are also working on brand awareness, as you can publish with your logo, big headline and a link back to your site.
And it’s easy to set up with WordPress plugins like Yoast SEO, since Pinterest uses the Facebook Open Graph metadata.
Pinterest reviews your site and will contact you to let you know if you’ve been approved.
2. Draw your attention on the text of your pin if you want to grow your Pinterest traffic
Each pin in Pinterest has a description below it telling the reader what your pin is about. Typically, for bloggers, your blog title and a little description of your post should be enough.
Your text is your first impression, so it should be the most important thing you have to say but not boring rather than attractive and engaging.
According to Pinterest’s data that was published after analyzing over 10,000 pins
Here are the main characteristics of a perfect pin which will provide high engagement:
- Helpful – make it easy for pinners to find your pin with a spot on description. According to Pinterest, helpful pins receive 30% more engagement.
- Detailed – in a sentence or two explain what your pin is about. Give enough information to entice a pinner to click through to your blog.
- Interesting – draw on the emotions of the pinner by using sensory related words and positive sentiments.
- Actionable – include a call to action in your description. Using phrases like, “check out…” or “click to find out more” can generate an 80% increase in engagement.
Also do not forget about the keywords usage and their density and their location in:
- Name and description
3. Traffic from the Pinterest Group Boards
Group boards are one of the greatest ways to grow your blog traffic.
Pinterest’s algorithm works in the most beneficial and effective way for the bloggers and promoters as when you pin something to your board your followers see it and it is also shown to other users who have the same interests and like the same things as your followers do.
The advantage of pinning something on a group board is that the other users of that same board see it and have the opportunity to repin your pin on their own boards.
This means that their followers will see it and people similar to their followers in the Smart Feed and so on.
There is no specific number of boards to have very few is also enough in case you are doing everything right.
The most vital thing here is not the number rather than narrow topic and specific content for each board. A good rule of thumb is to keep each board very specific.
So you have followed the rules and know the most important things you can do to grow your Pinterest traffic.
But in order to keep the track and understand which methods work the best for you need to measure the traffic. Instead of conclusion here is a quick guide for that.