If you have just set up an online ecommerce portal, then you already know why it is important to do all you can to drive more traffic towards your website, which should result in better sales.
The good thing about WordPress is its functionality in the sense that you can customize it, tweak it as per your preference and even use woocommerce to set up an affiliate model to help incentivize those who send visitors your way.
Using the affiliate model is a nice way to ramp up traffic which should result in better sales than before. More to the point, the process is not all that complicated and as the pay is performance based, you would only be required to pay for the referral fees when a sale has been made.
You can set it up in such a way that the referral fee is auto credited to the affiliate’s account and with it; you should be able to generate more traffic for your website, and get it much better visibility than before.
And in the process, you should also be able to generate more sales. Here’s how to set up an affiliate program with WordPress and WooCommerce.
– The first thing that you need to do is to double check and see if your theme is compatible with woocommerce as well as other external plugins. In case the theme is not compatible with woocommerce, you need to junk it and move on to a better theme.
Now, all that’s required is for you to download both woocommerce and affiliate plugin and install both on your website. Once you have downloaded the required plugins, all that’s left for you to do is to install the same and activate them.
– The next thing that you need to do is to define the parameters of your affiliate program. Once you have installed the affiliate plugin, you need to define the program which in turn should enable your visitors to sign up as affiliates.
Just head over to the settings page of your affiliate plugin, you should see a drop down list for your referral fee. You can either opt for a flat amount or one that is a certain percentage of the sales.
– Now, you need to integrate this plugin with the rest of your website; just head over to the main settings of the plugin and click on the integrations tab.
Once you have ticked the appropriate box, the next time that an affiliate refers a customer to your website; this plugin will track the visitor and even keep track of all referral amounts.
– As far as registrations go, you can either manually register the affiliates by yourself or set up the page so that they can register themselves.
You can also set up the registration process in such a way that your visitors can apply to join up with the program. Just check your affiliate plugin settings and the options for registrations should show up under “miscellaneous”.
– And remember that when you allow visitors to register themselves, you need to tweak the settings on your plugin to send you admin notifications anytime a new affiliate joins up.
– Now, all that’s left is to create the sign up form for your affiliate program. Most affiliate plugins come loaded with the requisite short code which should enable you to do just that with ease.
All you have to do is to copy and paste the code into your page and with it, you should be set.
Related Post: Steps for Using Affiliate Link Cloaker in WordPress
Managing affiliate applications:
Now that you have installed both woocommerce and affiliate plugin on your website, all that’s left for you to do is to manage your affiliate applications.
– Just go over to the affiliate sections of your affiliate plugin, you should be able to view all the pending applications
– Now, you can review all their details, approve or reject their request.
– The affiliate plugin should also be able to manage all the login ids and passwords, so you would not have to worry about the same.
Affiliate marketing on WordPress
Now, that your affiliates have signed up, they can register and login to their affiliate area; the affiliate plugin should help generate an affiliate URL which they would be required to promote to get referral fees.
Your affiliates should also be able to generate affiliate links to specific products and other pages of your website.
This should enable them to deep link to other pages as well, thereby enabling them to target specific products, which they can help market much more effectively and in the process generate more sales for you.
How you track the affiliates on WordPress
Once an affiliate signs up, you can login to your affiliate plugin, head over to the affiliate section and review their progress.
You should be able to view all the viable prospects that the affiliate has sent your way, you should also be able to see if the referral in question has resulted in a sale.
In fact, you should be able to check your individual woocommerce orders to confirm the sale. Once it is confirmed, you can generate a payout for your affiliates for the concerned amount.
Moreover, you can also automate this process but that’s entirely up to you. The affiliate plugin should also generate an affiliate report by which you can view the performance of the affiliate and track their performance and other metrics.
This is how you can set up an ecommerce portal, use both woocommerce and an affiliate plugin to help drive more traffic towards your website which should result in more sales.
You can also set up an integrated payment gateway to enable your affiliates to cash out or set up supported plugins such as paypal and skrill which can be used for the same purpose.
It’s fairly simple to set up an affiliate program with woocommerce on your WordPress site and soon, you should start receiving increased traffic, as a result of your affiliates and along with it, more sales than before.
Thus the above steps should be sufficient in helping someone set up an affiliate program using WordPress and WooCommerce.