Various methods of how to split single post into multiple pages or pagination within posts is shared in this article.
To achieve your personal or business goals you need to keep your website viewers as long as possible and make sure it’s not the last time they visit your site.
We are sure you are trying to implement all the useful strategies to achieve this visitor loyalty resulting from the convenience and user friendliness of your site.
But have you ever thought of all the benefits you’ll have if your use the post pagination technique and know how to split WordPress single post into multiple pages?
Well, you don’t need to be a SEO or WordPress beast to generate high quality and attention grabbing content.
But the form you serve your content is also crucial when it comes to satisfying your website users and readers.
In order to be highly informative and easy to read, sometimes you need to have your content broken up into easy to perceive and legible pieces showcased with multiple pages.
Post pagination or the technique to be used to split WordPress single post into multiple pages is widely used by thousands of modern websites at present.
Rendering your post content with small portions is a useful trick you can do, since otherwise your web visitors and readers will get stuck into long and heavy posts to scroll up to the bottom.
If long posts and articles are among the frequently posted or published ones in your website or blog, you should certainly use this strategy which will bring you lots of advantages:
- Your long posts will appear more streamlined and eye catchy on multiple pages.
- Your site will not look cluttered or heavy and will be easier to navigate and scroll.
- You will considerably add your site’s page views.
- Will provide you with more virtual space to place your banners, advertisements and more.
In this article, we’ll do our best to show you how to deal with large posts and how to split WordPress single post into multiple pages.
We have good news for you! Separating your WP post and locating it into multiple pages is quite simple.
In most cases, all you need is a piece of code:
<! —nextpage —>
Copy this code and paste it wherever you want to split your WP post.
Another good news is that you can use this code as many times as you want and at any place you think fit.
Just place your cursor in the place you want your page break to appear and insert
<! —nextpage —>
As you can see, it’s possible to make your content splitted into different parts and appearing with 2, 3 or even more pages.
However, while doing this, you should make sure that you are using Text mode instead of Visual mode in the post editor.
Once you are done with splitting your single post into different pages, publish it. Your WP post will showcase links under your text to go to the relevant pages for the continuation of the post.
As for the basic look of the page links, it is like Page 1, 2, 3, 4, where the page which is open, is not highlighted, but is a plain number.
If you want to style or change the look of your page links, you need to go through WordPress Codex and make use of the given tags
In specific cases, you may find that this method is not properly working and you cannot find the pagination, However, don’t worry.
Just copy and keep the following tag, which will do all the trick if you are faced with this situation:
Copy and paste it in your single.php.
In all probability, the pagination will begin showing up.
Now you have done everything needed to split WordPress single post into multiple pages for easier reading and boosted site results.
In order to divide up a really long post into a smaller and easy to digest chunks, you can also rely on corresponding plugins to walk you through all the required procedures and management options.
1. WP Page Navi:
WP Page Navi is one of the useful practices for pagination and content division in your site. This plugin comes preloaded with extensive features to help you split WordPress single post into multiple pages easily.
Install and activate this plugin and go to its settings from your WP menu. Here you can find multiple page navigation text settings, like text for number of pages, text for current page, text for first page, text for last page, text for previous page, text for next page and more.
As for other options, you may set page navigation style, choose to always show page navigation even if there is only one page, define number of pages to show, etc. After making all the relevant changes, don’t forget to save them.
2. Alphabetic Pagination:
If you are running an online store or shop and managing it with the help of WooCommerce plugin, Alphabetic Pagination is what you are looking for to easily paginate your product pages. Even if you have entered tons of products and product categories into your site, this plugin will smoothly filter your posts, pages, as well as products in an alphabetical order.
By default, Alphabetic Pagination uses pagination functionality on the posts page. But on the settings part, you will find a variety of useful options and controls to manage. It’s up to you to enable auto or custom implementation, display on all lists or certain taxonomies, hide or show pagination if only one post is available, choose the styles, the visibility of # sign in pagination, etc.
3. WP Paginate:
Another highly versatile and easy to understand plugin ready to integrate a stunning pagination for your WordPress website is called WP Paginate. As for the peculiarities of this plugin, it comes with pagination both for posts and comments. With this plugin, you will be capable of adding custom CSS for the pagination links as well.
If you are planning to develop a website, then you would do better to build one using the WordPress platforms for its ease of use, functionality and built in flexibility. The great thing about WordPress is that it comes with thousands of niche centric themes with built-in templates that you can use on your website to make it stand out for all the right reasons. You can decide whether you want to use a free WordPress theme or go in for a premium one. But at the end of the day, it all comes down to your niche and your competition.
In simple terms, the more saturated your niche, the more you may have to invest in your website to make it stand out from the rest. That’s why you can try out a few tricks to optimizing your website, such as using pagination tools to split single post into multiple pages. Using these tools to split single post into multiple pages, you can help enhance user experience and as a result, give a boost to your SERPS.
- Uncluttered: One of the best things about using pagination tools on your website is that you can customize it in such a way so as to split up a post into multiple pages and even decide on how you would like these pages to be displayed. As a result, your website should look a lot less cluttered and online users can skim through the other posts and then select the one that they want to read or follow up on. Keep in mind that a pagination tool is not a “preview” tool but actually allows you to split up your post into multiple pages. By doing so, your website should have a clean, uncluttered and professional look to it.
- More page views: As a result of using pagination tools, you can now get more page views per page than you had done initially. Of course, it all depends on how good your content is and assuming that you have posted some great content and utilized pagination tools, you can now get users to click on the “read more” and get more page views which should help improve rankings.
- Customize it: With the right pagination tool, you can customize all of your posts or just a select few and split it up into multiple pages. Similarly you can customize them further to include a call to action for each page. This should also help you engage better with your audience and even help transform viable leads into actual customers more effectively than before.
These are some of the reasons as to why you should consider using pagination as an effective SEO tool; it should help your website rank better as your visitors can enjoy enhanced user experience. While there are any number of ways that you can go about to increasing your site’s visibility, and rankings, pagination is one of the most effective ways to accomplishing the same.