Use of social media marketing for increasing conversion of your website.
There have been many studies and analysis on finding the most effective and productive sources of traffic, some of them have been proved while other rejects by digital specialists, but one thing is certain social media is always among top three traffic sources.
That is why if you are in the quest for finding sources for increasing conversion you should consider the use of social media marketing for increasing conversion of your website.
While others argue on the effectiveness of using social media for this purpose we assure you the results depend on how you structure your social media usage strategy and the quality of content you share.
To help you understand this better, here are some of the key points you need to know if you decide to use the social media marketing for increasing conversion of your website.
Keywords, Keywords, Keywords
High Conversion Keywords are the keywords that generate more engagement than others. This varies from one social network to another and might be completely different. Finding these trending keywords and using them in your posts will increase visibility and productivity of your posts.
Below you can find some of the high conversion keywords for leading social networks
- Facebook – Where, When, Tell Us, Inspire, Submit, Deals, Discount, Warns, Amuses
- Twitter – ReTweet, Follow, Social Media, New Blog Post, Check Out, Help, Top,
- LinkedIn – Created, Improved, Increased, Developed, Reduced, Researched
- Google+ – Share, Promote, Increase, Create, Discover
Don’t forget about the hashtags. They are also included in the use of social media marketing for increasing conversion of your website
Hashtags are great for increasing the possible reach of your posts beyond your immediate followers and help you reach new audiences. At the same time, they help you create social media discussions, chats and trends that can be great help in other purposes .
Might seem too easy but the use of a few hashtags for each post can significantly increase the effectiveness of your social media content and help you drive more traffic and conversions.
Here are some some stats based on analysis of leading social media platforns
- Tweets with hashtags attract 2x more engagement (retweets, favorites, replies)
- There’s 21% more engagement on Tweets with 1 to 2 hashtags.
- If you increase the number of hashtags more than 2, the engagement levels fall by an average of 17%.
- Almost 40% of Tweets with hashtags get Retweeted.
- Hashtags were not very effective when Facebook first started, but in the last couple of years hashtags have been an effective source of traffic and exposure.
- Using 1-2 hashtags per post can get you an average of 593 interactions per post.
- But if you increase the number of hashtags to 3-5, the average interactions fall down to 416 per post.
- From its early days, Google+ has encouraged the use of hashtags.
- Hashtags are automatically added to your posts based on the content but you can edit hashtags as well.
- Google+ also shows a list of related hashtags that can be used to gauge the interests of your audience.
Visual Content provides More Engagement
The success and the number of active user of visually-heavy social media sites such as Pinterest and Instagram speak more than any other thing.
Now we know for certain that content that include image provide more engagement if cmpared to only content with copy.
So when considering the use of social media marketing for increasing conversion of your website use images, videos, vines, GIFs and other forms of visual content in your social media updates as much as possible.
- Image based posts attract 39% more engagement.
- Videos get 28% more engagement
- Images receive 94% more +1s
- Animated GIFs receive 39% more +1s.
- Images based posts attract 98% more comments.
- Linking to YouTube videos results in 75% more shares.
- Including images, vines and videos can get you 200% more engagement as compared to simple text Tweets.
Make High quality, organized and easy shareable content
If you have any experience in creating or publishing content it won’t a big surprize if we way that WordPress rules the web. The latest stats show:
- 25% of the top 10 million sites by Alexa rank use WordPress
- every 74 seconds a new site within that group starts using WordPress
- 48% of all content management systems tracked by BuiltWith use WordPress (W3Techs puts the figure at 58.7%)
One vital WordPress feature is the ability to extend it via plugins. So it’s not surprising that there are lots of plugins to help you with CRO (Conversion rate optimization).
To a more practical view have a look at these plugins that are chosen by thousands of successful bloggers as use of social media marketing for increasing conversion of your website.
Popups by OptinMonster – Best WordPress Lead Generation Plugin:
OptinMonster helps you grow your email list and get more subscribers with popup and other types of high converting optin forms comes with an easy to use form builder that allows you to create beautiful optin forms that are proven to convert.
You can create various type of options including WordPress popup forms, floating header and footer bars, slide-ins also known as scroll triggered boxes, sidebar forms, after post forms, in-line forms, mobile-specific forms, welcome gates and more.
Using OptinMonster forms combined with our exit-intent technology, page-level targeting, and behavior automation, users have seen an instant boost in conversion rate, as mentioned in the description up to even upwards of 785%!
WordPress Calls to Action:
This plugin creates calls to action for your WordPress site. It gives site owners the ability to monitor and track conversion rates, run a/b or multivariate split tests on calls to action, and most importantly increase lead flow!
IT will help you drive & convert more leads on your site.
Magic Action Box:
Magic Action Box is an easy to use but powerful lead generation plugin that lets you create a focused and high converting feature box in minutes. It lets you display professional looking opt-in forms and feature boxes in your WordPress site.
Unbounce Landing Pages:
With Unbounce’s landing page plugin for WordPress, you can create fully customized landing pages for their campaigns and publish them to their existing WordPress sites.