My testimonial page contains sidebar content and a title that I can't remove

Home Forums Handy Theme Support My testimonial page contains sidebar content and a title that I can't remove

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    alastair.j.hillalastair.j.hill
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 8
    • Total: 15

Context:

My testimonials were originally set in plain text on their own designated page. The permalink for this page is simply website/testimonials

When activating the Handy theme, the testimonial page had the following discrepancies:

• The page text content did not show on the page (despite being visible in the WordPress text editor)
    • The page title, that normally is the same as the title displayed in the text editor, now says ‘Archives’ instead. This ‘Archives’ title cannot be removed or changed from the text editor (and does not show in the text editor)
    • The page’s sidebar is now populated with ‘Categories’ and ‘Archives’ that cannot be removed by changing the page template (tried them all – the testimonial page layout does not respond to any of them)

It seems that the theme’s testimonial tool *may have* automatically classified this page as a blog, despite there being no blog set up on the site.

Re: the testimonial text (still seen in the text editor) not showing on the page.

Once I added testimonials into the theme’s designated testimonial tool, these testimonials were automatically relayed onto the testimonial page – no short codes were needed.

Question: is there any way to turn this automatic integration off, if I wanted this testimonial page to be a regular page again?

Re: The page title being ‘Archives’ instead of the title displayed in the text editor

This page is definitely a page, not a post (there are no posts on this website).

Question: how can I edit the title for this page so that it doesn’t appear as ‘Archives’?

Re: ‘Categories’ and ‘Archives’ sidebar content

This can partially be resolved by adding a text widget into the ‘Blog sidebar’ category – despite this being a main page, not a blog.

Question: How do I get the theme to stop regarding this page as a blog?
    Question: How can I get the layout of this page so that it responds to the text editor’s layout (like the page templates, for instance)?

Update:

The ‘Archives’ title I’m referring to above (in the original post) is the page-title element.

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30633
    • Total: 30633

Hi,

Kindly change the Testimonials page permalink from testimonials to something else.

Regards,
    Brad

Update: issue resolved by replacing the testimonial page’s permalink.

Thanks.

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30633
    • Total: 30633

Cool

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.