Lost featured images

Home Forums SKT Full Width Forum Lost featured images

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Mark SteinMark Stein
    Participant
    • Topics: 16
    • Replies: 54
    • Total: 70

Hi, folks,

I have been working with my ISP to upgrade my website to HTTPS protocol. They finally got it to work, but somewhere in the process, the featured images are no longer showing – just a black background (just about every page and post has a featured image except homepage slider). Not sure why SSL would have anything to do with the images, as all other images are appearing normally. Any ideas? www.meditate-wnc.org

Thank you!

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Use this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/go-live-update-urls/

And then replace: http://www.meditate-wnc.org with https://www.meditate-wnc.org

For all your website.

It should resolve all your problems. Be advised to take a backup of the site before doing the above because if you don’t do it properly it can result your site getting broken.

Regards,
    Shri

Mark SteinMark Stein
    Participant

Thank you for the suggestion. I ran the utility as you suggested and cleared all cache. I also ran a different utility that verified that there are no occurrences of http://www.meditate-wnc.org in the database files. Unfortunately, it didn’t fix the problem. Background images on posts, pages and category pages still just showing as black. The images show in the actual page/post content, so the images are accessible, but not showing in the background. I love this theme, but it’s getting harder and harder to keep it running.

Mark SteinMark Stein
    Participant

Just in case you decide to look at the website, you will see a temporary background image. I used CSS to change the #supersized li attribute to 25% transparent so the static background image in the theme would show through until we can restore the featured images that are supposed to appear here. This is NOT the featured image, which is set to a different picture on every page and post, and is supposed to be superimposed in front of the black #supersized li element. It is a TEMPORARY fix until we can figure out why the featured images aren’t showing where this static image is currently displayed.

Keymaster

We will need login details to debug this.

Kindly email us at [email protected] and do mention the forum URL.

Regards,
    Shri

Mark SteinMark Stein
    Participant

I sent the information earlier today. For what it’s worth, I just got an email telling me I need to renew my theme for another year. I just renewed it on February 11, so not sure why I am getting this bill, or if it was triggered by this ticket. Thanks.

Keymaster

Hi,

Resolved your issue.

Hope you can give us a 5 star review here: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/sktthemes.org

It helps us get more business.

Regards,
    Shri

Mark SteinMark Stein
    Participant

The issue is not resolved. All you did was switch themes to the free version which doesn’t have all the customizations we use in the Pro version. Is there a way to refresh our Pro theme with a current version? We’ve had a problem with a couple of features that have inexplicably stopped working.

Keymaster

We checked and it did resolve.

We checked in all browsers too.

Maybe its browser cache you need to check in private window/incognito window.

Regards,
    Shri

Mark SteinMark Stein
    Participant

With all due respect, it is still not working. I can’t verify what you did or didn’t test, but you changed our website to the free version of the theme, which displays the background image correctly. When I switched back to the Pro version, the problem was still there. The slider works on the homepage, but featured images do not appear in the background the way they are supposed to on other pages. I have cleared cache, both on the server and on my broswers, and tested in Firefox, Edge and Chrome – same thing in all.

Just to make sure you aren’t mistaking our static background with the featured image background, I have removed my static background image and my CSS workaround, and you can see the background displays as black on every page that doesn’t display the slider. Every post and page should have a different background image based on the featured image set for that page, which is the whole point of the theme. It still isn’t working.

• Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30643
    • Total: 30643

Hi,

Can you send us the screenshot of your issues? Upload your screenshot on https://imgbb.com/ and paste the share url here.

Regards,
    Dave

Mark SteinMark Stein
    Participant

I am trying to post a reply – it’s not showing up in the thread. I apologize if you received it multiple times. If you did not get the screenshots, please let me know.

Mark SteinMark Stein
    Participant

Screenshot of problem: imgbb.com/HtDpv6n (black background)
    Screenshot of normal state: imgbb.com/yV4FxfC (featured image is displayed in background – not black)

• Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30643
    • Total: 30643

Hi,

Kindly refer our documentation to setup background image.
    http://sktthemesdemo.net/documentation/full-width-documentation/#custom-background

Regards,
    Dave

Mark SteinMark Stein
    Participant

Hi, Dave, I appreciate your help in whatever way you can, but the solutions everyone is providing don’t have anything to do with the problem that needs to be fixed.

The custom background is not the problem. The theme is designed to display the *featured image* in the background automatically, rather than a static image. It has always worked this way until last week, when the featured image stopped displaying in the background – please refer to the before and after screenshots I shared yesterday – you will see that when working properly, the featured image on the page (the map in the example I sent) is displaying in the background. Now it doesn’t appear. It’s just black. I want the theme to work the way it’s designed to work. Something is wrong and I’m trying to get help fixing it. The featured image stopped displaying in the background and I need help figuring out why so we can fix it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.