Layout with SiteOrigin…Ooooo.

Home Forums All Other Themes Layout with SiteOrigin…Ooooo.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    JeremyJeremy
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 25
    • Total: 32

Hi Guys,

Firstly, loving the theme I spent days looking for something I truely liked. I’m developing this theme for a customer and all though its perfect by design I need to make it easy to update. I’m a programmer so I’m very familiar with coding, however the end users are not. So my three questions are this.

1. Do you offer the ability for it to work with SiteOrigin (I know this may be contentious) but thought I would ask.

2. Are there any plugins you can recommend that would offer a bit more of a wizywig layout to make it easier for the users to build content/pages not using shortcodes?

3. Have you had any issues with the shortcode button not working when trying to insert into items into the textfield? Nothing happens when press it. And its installed correctly, and I have not suppressed any popups via the browser.

Version: WordPress 4.6.1
    PHP: 5.x
    MYSQL: 5.x
    Chrome: 54.0.2840.8

Thanks in advance.

Jeremy

JeremyJeremy

Hey Guys,

I have just noticed something else, which seems to be very odd behaviour. Let me know if there is a solution.

Use Case: User logs into wordpress and updates one of the Home Sections (in this case Home Section 2). They open up the built in editor and make changes i.e. justified normal written text to center.

Outcome: User saves changes and visually sees the changes on screen to reflect the desired design.

Actual Results: User saves the changes, theme ignores the justification and removes all formatting leaving just hard code.

Below code result (since I have no way of submitting an image, but this is actually on the website;

CABOOLTURE AIRPORT

[fitboxright title=”Meditation Practice” description=”Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, conseetur adipiscing elit. Phasellus vitae mperin maecenas id ultrices lectus” icon=”http://www.goflyaviation.com.au/GoFly/wp-content/themes/strong/images/meditation-practice.png” link=”#”]

[fitboxright title=”Daily Yoga Tips” description=”Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, conseetur adipiscing elit. Phasellus vitae mperin maecenas id ultrices lectus” icon=”http://www.goflyaviation.com.au/GoFly/wp-content/themes/strong/images/daily-yoga-tips.png” link=”#”]

[fitboxright title=”Personal Fitness” description=”Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, conseetur adipiscing elit. Phasellus vitae mperin maecenas id ultrices lectus” icon=”http://www.goflyaviation.com.au/GoFly/wp-content/themes/strong/images/personal-fitness-training.png” link=”#”] [/columns]

Hope that all makes sense. This is also very concerning as it would completely freak out the end user, updating their site.

Jeremy

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi Jeremy,

Behaviour of problems appears due to site origin page builder so kindly use Elementor page builder instead and let homepage load via sections and the inner pages you can use full width template and use Elementor page builder to use it to the fullest.

Regards,
    Shri

JeremyJeremy

Hey Shri,

Thanks for the information. And the Plugin suggestion. Its a very good plugin. I haven’t seen it before. I did notice however it not working with SKT Themes theme. It works on pages and everywhere else.

Can you confirm for me if there is an ability to make it work with the Theme? Ideally it would be great to implement to make it easier for the customer. If not I can program the front page and every page after that can utilise the plugin.

Cheers!
    Jeremy

Keymaster

Hi Jeremy,

For front page as i suggested kindly use our given shortcodes in documentation and via sections you can do the homepage.

For all inner pages yes of course you can use that plugin.

Regards,
    Shri

JeremyJeremy

Hi Shri,

I thought that may have been the case. The shortcode button doesn’t seem to work in the WPEDITOR. However, I can copy it from another location, it just takes me longer. Additionally I have found that the update area sometimes doesn’t update the changes and only works when you revert back to the original default design/code.

Please add that issue to you bug registry for your next update to theme.

Thanks again!
    Jeremy

Keymaster

Okay sure will do that.

Regards,
    Shri

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.