Help Needed With Theme Layout

Home Forums All Other Themes Help Needed With Theme Layout

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    StuartStuart
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 27
    • Total: 53

Hi,

My website that is in progress is www.firstaidapproach.co.uk
    I have bought the paid theme – Healing Touch.

A few questions if I may…

1. Can I tell the feature box to go to a category instead of a page? I.e. when I select a small icon for feature box one it tells me to select a page. I would like a category page instead. The problem being that the courses page contains posts that explain each course but then posts in the ‘Latest Updates’ category are also displayed with the courses. I have changed dates on posts so only the three newest appear but then the courses are below also.

2. The footer widget also shows latest news and updates but again all posts are listed, including course posts. I just want the latest news category to show.

3. Finally, is there an easy way of moving section one above the feature boxes? I know this is probably a design of the theme but can a section be bumped to the top of the page?

Thanks

Stuart

StuartStuart
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 27
    • Total: 53

Any ideas?

The main thing would be for a feature box to point to a category instead of a page of posts.
    If there’s a way of changing the order of the layout I’d like to have a go…

Thanks
    Stuart

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi Stuart,

Unfortunately that won’t be possible however what you can do instead is use page links to plugin and redirect the page to a category. So basically you have both things satisfied. You show page content and image but link it to the category of your choice.

Regards,
    Shri

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.