BUSINESS CONSULTING / SKT BUILDER – Image Upload Not through Media Library

Home Forums All Other Themes BUSINESS CONSULTING / SKT BUILDER – Image Upload Not through Media Library

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Casara ClarkCasara Clark
    Participant
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 49
    • Total: 81

Hi!

I’m working over here on this site: https://www.ramolawpc.com/refresh/attorneys/elsa-ramo/

For this page, specifically, I used the columns from the SKT Builder for the design. (It’s the very top section, 1 column has a picture, the next column has text, and the remaining columns are blank for sizing and proportion purposes).

There are 19 pages on this site designed the same way, case in point, this one too: https://www.ramolawpc.com/refresh/attorneys/erika-canchola/

One thing I noticed about uploading a picture via the text window in the SKT Builder (specifically, the template for columns), is that the image does not then show up in the media library. It somehow bypasses the media library…

That wouldn’t necessarily be an issue on its own, it’s just that the company wants their site to be ADA compliant. When I run the site through ADA verification software, it alerts me that for these 19 pages, I have this error:

Image found without alternate text. Without alternative text, the content of an image will not be available to screen reader users or when the image is unavailable. Each image that conveys meaning or is used as link content must include alternate text unless including the alternate text would create redundancy (e.g. when text is also included in an image caption or text inside the body of a link) or the image is included for decoration. If this image conveys meaning, use the edit image option to add alt text to the image otherwise switch to Text view and add role="presentation" to the image tag. WCAG 2.1 (Level A) - 1.1.1

Now, I was able to fix this issue myself on all the other pages it showed up on, because most of the other images do show up in the image library. But I do not know how to fix it in the above example when I need to add alt text for pictures that do not show up in the image library.

(And because it’s the ‘upload picture’ option from the text window, I can’t even make it pull from the image library…)

Thank you!

Casara ClarkCasara Clark
    Participant
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 49
    • Total: 81

Hey! So… let me rephrase the above issue.

When I insert a picture using SKT Builder (specifically the column build), it prompts me to pick the picture from my own computer, NOT from the media library. I created 19 pages with this format, thinking it’d be fine until I realized that there’s no sign of the images I uploaded in the media library.

Not sure how this is working? But it seems that the SKT Builder image-insert button somehow circumvents the Media Library.

And so, I can’t add alt text to any image inserted via the SKT Builder interface … [specifically THE COLUMNS, for some builds, the SKT Builder DOES prompt me to draw from the media library! But not in the “general” column build.]

I just … how do I find these images outside of SKT Builder? They have to be somewhere! Right?
    They’re not in the media library. But if I can find them, maybe I can figure out how to add alt text to them…? Without being able to access them in the media library, I have absolutely no idea how to try and add alt text.

[Also, is there a chance that the theme is treating the image like a background…? And if so, would that be helpful to know?]

Thank you,
    Casara

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30643
    • Total: 30643

Hi,

Alt text issue have been resolved on your other post.

See link below:
    https://www.sktthemes.org/forums/topic/business-consulting-photo-gallery-alt-attribute/

Regards,
    Dave

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.