This article discusses all the possibilities and ways to increase speed of slow WordPress blog.
WordPress is a great platform and speed is one of the keys to making sure that your site can grow and remain healthy. This will keep your visitors active. Fast loading pages improve user experience, increase your page views, and help with your WordPress SEO.
Without taking the right precautions, you could end up with a sluggish site.
The fastest WordPress hosting will not only help you organize but also to develop your content in an easy way.
There are multiple ways to increase the speed of slow WordPress blog.
Here we have listed few ways to increase the speed of slow WordPress blog.
1. Optimize WordPress database
It’s very important to clean up the WordPress database time to time, to keep its size to a minimum. Deleting unwanted data will help in reducing the size of your backup. It can be done manually or else you can use the WP-Optimize plugin.
This plugin will delete spam comments, old drafts, and post revisions of your content and even unwanted tables as well as drafts. One can also use the WP-DB Manager plugin. It comes with the additional feature. With WP-DB Manager plugin one can schedule dates for database optimization.
If you are instantly looking for Ways to Increase Speed of Slow WordPress Blog, then it’s the best way.
2. Lightweight WordPress theme
WordPress offers dynamic themes, however; they will definitely cause your web server toss take a thumping because of multiple elements. Hence the best option here is to use lightweight themes, like WordPress’ default themes.
It surpasses the basic WordPress themes by being far easier to customize. It’s an incredibly way to increase the speed of WordPress blog, that won’t slow you down with excess Plugins or custom edits.
By choosing the right theme you can avoid bloat. For a feature-rich website, you can also opt for a theme that uses a good framework like Bootstrap or Foundation. It’s one of the best Ways to Increase Speed of Slow WordPress Blog.
3. Choose a better web hosting provider
Choosing a better web hosting provider is the major concern as it influences the speed of a website. Incredibly slow site speed and frequent downtime during high traffic periods can make your visitors lose interest.
WordPress site is on shared hosting and shared hosting tends to deliver a poorer performance because you are sharing the same server space with countless other websites. Hence you can buy dedicated cloud servers from Site Ground, Digital Ocean, Amazon Web Services, and even Google Compute Engine at a nominal price.
This is definitely a nice way to increase the speed of WordPress blog and avoiding trouble.
4. Optimize your homepage to load quickly
It’s one of the easiest ways to increase speed of slow WordPress blog. By optimizing your homepage you can ensure that your homepage loads quickly, which probably is the most important part of your site because people will be landing there the most often. These are few ways to increase the speed of your slow WordPress blog using these tactics.
- Only keep the main content on the homepage
- Reduce the number of posts for fast loading
- Remove unnecessary widgets that are not require
- Remove inactive Plugins and widgets that are not needed
By simply following these you can make your homepage look good as well as it’s one of the amazing and easiest ways to increase the speed of slow WordPress blog.
5. Reduce image sizes
Image optimizer will drastically reduce the file size of an image, while not reducing quality. Images are the major contributors in taking a lot of space which makes the web page loading slow.
Image optimizer helps in reducing the size of the images without compromising on the quality. To get rid of the slow speed, there are many Plugins available for WordPress. You can go for WP Smush and EWWW Image Optimizer.
Using any of the Plugins on your WordPress site will drastically reduce image size and wonderfully it will increase the speed of your slow WordPress blog. There is no reason not to install these.
6. Disable pingbacks and trackbacks
It comes in one of the best ways to increase speed of slow WordPress blog. Pingbacks and trackbacks are two core WordPress components that alert you whenever your blog or page receives a link.
However, you can disable this and can use Google Webmaster Tools.
Google Webmaster Tools is useful to check the links of your website. Not turning this off will leave an undesirable amount of strain on your server resources. You can turn it all off by simply following these steps “WP-Admin -> Settings -> Discussion.”
It’s a perfect way to increase speed of WordPress blog.
7. Uninstall Plugins
WordPress Plugins are very useful and a great way to increase speed of slow WordPress blog. But some of them drastically improve page loads time hence; keeping unwanted Plugins on WordPress websites will add a large amount of junk to your web files.
It’s always good to get rid of unwanted Plugins as it also put the load on your server resources while backing up files. You can also look for alternate methods to use third-party services for automating or scheduling tasks.
Best Ways to increase the speed of your slow WordPress blog is by using IFTTT or Zapier. These are two web services that help in automating such tasks and reduce the burden on your website and server resources.
8. Replace PHP with static HTML
It’s one of the advanced technologies that one can use as per the requirement. Those wonderful themes that we all choose are often loaded with PHP bloat. This generic PHP code can be replaced with some static HTML in order to save CPU processing time and database queries, and under load, this can make a big performance difference. To eliminate the trouble one can simply replace the PHP executions with plain HTML which is about 20 times faster. It’s the tremendous ways to increase speed of WordPress blog.
There are multiple ways to increase speed of slow WordPress blog.
A slow website means users will potentially leave your website before it even loads.
These are some most useful WordPress speed optimization tips to boost WordPress performance and speed up your website.
It will also improve your rankings in the SERPs.
Be sure to test your site’s speed before and after.
Hope these Ways to increase speed of slow WordPress blog will help you to get the best results.
One of the issues that most online uses often face is that the website in question often takes a long time to load and as a result, they are bound to lose interest and would move on elsewhere. A recent study highlighted the fact that most online users do not linger around for more than a few seconds per web page, and given this, it is essential that you look up ways to increase speed of slow WordPress blog. There is any number of reasons for your blog to slow down; it can be anything from using too many plugins on your website to errors in database. So make sure you check out the various ways to increase speed of slow WordPress blog.
- Optimize WordPress database: The first thing that you need to do is to clean up and optimize your WordPress database. You can use plugins such as WP-Optimize plugin; this pugin is quite effective in deleting spam comments, cleaning up your blog, old drafts and even post revisions. This particular plugin comes with one additional feature which is quite handy; you can set up a schedule for optimizing your blog.
- Avoid bloated themes: It is preferable that you go for light weight themes when selecting one for your WordPress site. It is essential that you avoid bloated themes for the simple reason that these come with various features and tools that can actually cause your website to slow down. This is why you may want to opt for light weight themes when selecting one for setting up your website.
- Better hosting: One of the reasons for websites to slow down is on account of a shared hosting. Given this you may want to look for better hosting solutions; for example, WordPress is on shared hosting and this may well affect the performance of your website. So you need to start looking for better hosting solutions to address this issue and once you do, it should help improve the performance of your website.
- Minimalism translates to ‘fast’: As strange as it may sound, you need to optimize your front page and even co-opt a minimalistic look. If your home page is less cluttered, the faster it would load so make a point of optimizing not just your front page, but all the pages of your website. You can use third party plugins for the same, and with it, you should be able to improve the performance of your website.
These are some of the ways by which you can optimize your blog and even improve its performance. You can also reduce image sizes, as this should help speed up your website as well. Most online user suffer from attention deficiency and that’s why it is important for you to ensure that all your pages load fast with no lag time otherwise it can result in a higher bounce rate and prospective leads walking away from your website.