Discount Coupon Business
Hey guys, are you going to earn money offering discount coupons? Running deals and coupon sites are great ways to earn money online.
The business is pretty straightforward. You just get the latest coupons from best online affiliate marketplaces & promote them on your website. You will get the best revenue via affiliate and CPA marketing.
You will definitely need a coupon website for that. The easiest way is to create it with WordPress, especially if you don’t know much about coding.
Down below you will find a brief, simple guide on creating a coupon site with a WordPress website design. Following its steps, you will have your coupon website in just a few hours.
Please note that you don’t need to spend heaps of money on it. But what you do need, is a lot of enthusiasm.
Creating a WordPress coupon site, like the one you see below requires only four simple steps:
- The first is to buy a domain and hosting.
- The second is to install WordPress.
- The third is to install a WordPress coupon theme.
- And the last is to install plugins.
Buying Domain & Hosting
Think about the name of your coupon site. It should indicate site purpose and create your unique brand image.
Have you decided on the site name? Ok, then register a domain for it.
What is the domain? In simple words, it is a web address used to access your website.
Usually, the domain costs about $15 per year. However, some of the well-known WordPress hosting providers give you a free domain for a year. Then you purchase a web hosting account. You will need a hosting account anyway, so a free domain offer is really beneficial.
Ok, supposing you have purchased your hosting plan, now we can proceed with the steps of creating a WordPress coupon site featured in this guide.
Install WordPress on Your Hosting Account
When you have bought a hosting account for your coupon website, you will be greeted by your hosting provider via email, which will contain login details.
You need to log in and look for the cPanel tab in your hosting dashboard.
Please follow the video guide below to install WordPress:
Well, we are done with installing WordPress.
It’s high time to convert it into a coupon website. This involves customizing WordPress with the help of themes and adding requisite coupon site features with the help of plugins.
Install WordPress Coupon Theme
There is no lack of theme providers offering free and premium designs out there. I suggest you opt for a premium theme to get a nice website like the one you see below.
Are you tight on budget so should think about a free theme? It’s more or less ok either, just beware of the providers that are known to include malware in their theme. Eventually, this may lead to a compromised website.
Well, supposing you have picked up your perfect theme. Please view the video that will guide you through the installation process:
I hope it was easy to install your theme for a WordPress coupon site.
Now comes the stage of customization of your brand-new theme according to your taste and preferences. As a rule, WordPress themes have self-explanatory customization options. But you can refer to the theme’s documentation at any time to study it inside-out.
And don’t forget about the customers’ support. Decent premium theme developers provide excellent customer support. You can contact them and ask for assistance in case of an issue.
Install WordPress Plugins
What do you need plugins for? They let you add extra features that are not included in the default WordPress installation.
Here is a good example: WordPress has no default feature that allows creating a contact form for your “Contact us” page. You can add this functionality with Contact Form 7 plugin.
Please watch the video below to see how to install a plugin in WordPress:
Here is a list of must-have WordPress plugins your coupon website won’t survive without:
- Limit Login Attempt – allows securing your site’s login from hackers who try to log into your website multiple times with the help of guesswork.
- W3 Total Cache – lets your website to be cached in the visitors’ browser, which makes its loading speed super fast.
- Yoast SEO – the plugin lets you optimize your coupon website for search engines. It will help you effectively generate leads through user searches.
- Akismet – make sure that your website is free from spam comments as they can negatively affect its performance.
- TinyMCE – the plugin adds extra features to your post and page editor, works similar to that of MS Word. I mean you can write freely without having to code your posts.
- Coupon Creator – lets you create custom coupons, which you can post on your website.
- Contact Form 7 – helps to create a contact page for your website.
- Floating Social Share Bar – lets your visitors share coupons on social networks.
Maybe you would like to upload more plugins from the WordPress plugins directory. Everything depends on your needs. In any case, the above-mentioned ones are enough to start with.
After you complete the above steps, you will have your coupon website up and running. This won’t take you much time and efforts. I hope that I managed to keep this guide short, yet detailed enough.
Do you have any questions/suggestions/tips/whatever to this guide? Please post them at the comments section.
I hope you will share your success story about the brand-new coupon website in the near future.