Why do premium themes not get updated??

Home Forums Panaroma Forum Why do premium themes not get updated??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jeffrey ThomasJeffrey Thomas
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1
    • Total: 2

I bought this theme because I like your free version so much.  Seriously, you did a great job.  But the free one needs some back end improvement.  I can not edit ANY theme setting using my standard web browser, Safari.

Pro version;
    So after buying and installing the new theme onto my site, NOTHING WORKED!  I worked on getting everything back the way it should be for a hour and a half.  Just to discover that your paid theme is not even CLOSE to being the same as the free theme.  So most, if not all, of my plugins are broken!  I cant continue business with so many broken plugins.  So I switched back to your BETTER, FREE, theme.

When are you going to update this theme to be on board with your free theme?

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi,

Kindly send us email: [email protected] with your WordPress admin details and website URL.

We will check what is wrong.

Regards,
    Shri

Jeffrey ThomasJeffrey Thomas
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1
    • Total: 2

So, after I send you an email you never responded, so I will put here what I said:
    I understand that you do this a lot for customers, but I am much more secure about who I let log into my page.  I am NOT just giving you my creds and letting you loose on my site.  I asked some very specific questions that did not get answered:

I paid for a premium price and I got something that is version 1.  Paid theme is v 1.3.5.  Why do you NOT update premium themes?

Core functionality is different.  One of your points that sold me on this theme was a gallery option.  I already have LOTS of galleries on my site.  I have to MAKE new galleries and then change every single page I have to accommodate your new code?  Why is the premium theme different than the free theme?

I know why my most important plugin is not working (image-zoom).  It is a plugin that will create a pop up window that will appear after you click on a picture.  I got this error from my plugin that I NEVER got with the free version of your theme…. “Your theme contains (i.e. in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas02_data03/79/2472679/html/wp-content/themes/panorama-pro/header.php file) a hardcoded reference to the jQuery javascript library.
    This reference may break the plugin. So, if the plugin does not work, please either delete this reference or move it just after the <head> declaration.”

After I installed your Panaroma PRO theme, the plugin is broken and the entire site looks different.  I now have a white space in some of my blog where there was none before, non of the featured images are as the background.  It took me 15 minutes to get rid of your picture at the top left that had your business name instead of my website name!  I am really disappointed with this purchase!  Please HELP!

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Okay about secured website and logins they can be changed later on. Alright don’t send us.

Free theme versions are upgraded from time to time to keep the theme active and alive and in top position with competition. Sometimes we make deliberate mistakes in free version (increase version) and then again solve it in next update. So versions don’t make sense.

Pro themes are updated differently.

Premium theme only css is different and it allows shortcode etc. Rest core is same.

If you are a developer yourself then you can do it on your own.

If you are not and seek our help we asked for creds and in what way can we help.

But instead of pointing us properly we are hearing lengthy stories right now. So not sure what we should do here.

Let us know what do you expect us to do.

Don’t come back saying i expect the theme to work and bla bla again. Because theme does work. It doesn’t work with a XYZ plugin is a different story. If it was working with free version we can make it work with Pro too.

Regards,
    Shri

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.