translation problems with Filmmaker pro child theme

Home Forums All Other Themes translation problems with Filmmaker pro child theme

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Julien BedereJulien Bedere
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 12
    • Total: 15

Hello,

I am a beginner. My website adress is: https://mizarufilms.com

I purchased recently the Filmmaker pro theme. It was setup properly by Shri from SKT, and seems to work just fine.
    I want to translate my whole website into french.

I generated a child theme for customised settings and translation. I was strongly advised to do so. So I won’t loose any of my settings if I have to update the parent theme. Especially my hand made translation.

I found a procedure to translate the child theme. I used Poedit to open the .pot file from the parent theme. I translated it into french and saved it into fr_FR.po and fr_FR.mo files.
    I created a folder called “languages” into my child theme folder, and put my fr_FR.po and fr_FR.mo files in it.

Then I edited the function.php file of my child theme folder. I added those lines, as recommanded into my procedure:

function my_child_theme_setup() {
    load_child_theme_textdomain( ‘complete’, get_stylesheet_directory() . ‘/languages’ );
    }
    add_action( ‘after_setup_theme’, ‘my_child_theme_setup’ );

‘complete’ is the “text domain’ name I found in the function.php file of the parent theme:
    //Make theme available for translation
    load_theme_textdomain(‘complete’, get_template_directory() . ‘/languages/’);

According to the procedure I followed it should work fine and my website should be translated. But it’s not. When I checked forums about this issue, some people were saying that something into the parent theme can block those child theme instructions.

Did I did anything wrong? Or is there indeed something into the Filmmaker theme that prevents the child theme translation to be activated?

Thanks for helping me,
    Regards,

Julien

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30632
    • Total: 30632

Hi,

Kindly take a backup before update update the parent theme.

Regards,
    Dave

Participant

Thanks Dave, but I’m not sure I understand, it doesn’t seems to answer my question.
    I am making backups with the plugin “Updraft plus”, so I will be able to recover my website in case of trouble.
    But that’s not the problem here.

My question is how do I activate my translation into the child theme?
    Is my procedure correct?
    Is “complete” the right name for “load_theme_textdomain” of Filmmaker theme?
    Is there any kind of parameter into the parent theme that blocks the translation of the child theme?

Thank you,
    Julien

Hi,

Is my procedure correct?
    Ans: Yes,

Is “complete” the right name for “load_theme_textdomain” of Filmmaker theme?
    Ans: Yes,

Is there any kind of parameter into the parent theme that blocks the translation of the child theme?
    Ans: No, there is not any kind of parameter into the parent theme that blocks the translation of child theme.

Regards,
    Dave

Participant

Ok, thank you.

Then if all I did is right, do you have any idea why my translation is not working on my website?

Can you make some suggestions? I don’t know, ask me questions on what I did or did not do? Try to run some tests?

Can you help me to try to find a solution? Please?

Regards,
    Julien

Hi,

Is Translation Working With Main Theme If Can’t Used Child Theme And Directly Activate Main Theme?

Regards,
    Dave

Participant

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.
    Actually I looked closer to the main page of my website and a few words are translated. the “read more” of the blog section. And Some titles of the header: “our services”, “recent posts” and “connect with us”. that’s all.

This works both with the parent theme and the child theme, after I put the fr_FR.mo and fr_FR.po files inside the “languages” folder of each theme.

So it seems that the translation is active, but why only a few words are translated and the not the others?
    Does that makes any sense to you? Is that normal? Is there something to do to improve it?

thank you,
    Regards,

Julien

Hi,

Yes It’s Working Fine .po and .mo file only translated inside file content though string in file write with prefix.

So if you want to translate complete website in french so for this you need to use multilingual plugin for that.

here are free plugin for making multi lingual website ::

https://wordpress.org/plugins/polylang/

https://wordpress.org/plugins/translatepress-multilingual/

Polylang is best so installed and used it.

Regards,
    Dave

Participant

Ok I will try that today,
    Thank you very much !

????

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.