Social Icons Not Showing SKT White Pro

Home Forums SKT Black/White Theme Support Social Icons Not Showing SKT White Pro

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    David WrightDavid Wright
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 14
    • Total: 15

Hi

Somehow my Social Icons have stopped showing in ie and Chrome. Safari and IOS appear ok. Its almost as if the icon directory can not be found?

Any Ideas. Ive tried deactivationg Plugins systematically but with no joy

Dave

David WrightDavid Wright

Sorry my web address is

http://digitalvisual.es

Thanks

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6963
    • Total: 6973

Hi,

Where did you have the social icons by the way? In homepage? or footer?

Regards,
    Shri

David WrightDavid Wright

The icons on the home page that came with the theme.
     I’ve fixed it now although the class seems to have lost its animation. I think the problem may have been a conflict with Font Awesome after an update from another plugin.
     I was probably safer with the original theme which clearly used images and h= ad a tab in the options dashboard.
    The code is untidy and so it was difficult to see how they worked but I got there in the end. I’ll sort the animation at some point I’m sure.
     Thanks for getting back to me.

Keymaster

Okay keep us posted for any help.

Regards,
    Shri

David WrightDavid Wright

Hi Shri

I just cant seem to find the place in the code to enter the animation for the social-icons class. I want to use bounceIn. I can see on Chromes inspect element where it should go but the code i have in the theme has reference to the old images and the new font awsome so i’m wondering if theres a conflict?

if you could just let me know which file to add bounceIn, it would be great

thanks

Dave

David WrightDavid Wright

Hi Shri

I have managed to get them to animate by adding an extra section of code to the Custom JS file. However I’m aware this is probably not the best way to do it. something I notice is that the heading We’re Everywhere has the same class as the icons. How can I change this and the the text outside of the Theme Options tab in the dashboard. ie What file is it held in?

Many thanks

Keymaster

I think it should be section class css given in Section.

I will give you that tomorrow or else this should be fine.

Regards,
    Shri

David WrightDavid Wright

Ok Shri Thanks very Much

Theres a lot of redundant code throughtout the theme that relates to the old Social icons. I’m sure that won’t slow anything down but it does make it difficult to see whats what?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Dave

David WrightDavid Wright

Hi Shri

Did you manage to take a look at this. The Java solution works but it’s not the best option as it’s problematic in Safari.

It would be better if I could just sort the css option out.

Thanks

David WrightDavid Wright

Hi Shri

Did you hav any further thoughts on this. It would please me to get this back to css functioning.

thanks

Keymaster

Not sure. Load the theme elsewhere in any server for just once and check the default class/css written within section area of social icons.

If adding that restores it fine.

If not send us email: [email protected] with your WordPress admin details.

Regards,
    Shri

David WrightDavid Wright

Hi Shri

The original theme had this in the code

<div class=”social-icons bounceIn”>
    <h2>We’re Everywhere</h2>
    <div class=”social-icons”>
    <a title=”Facebook” href=#facebook” target=”_blank”>
    <div class=”facebook icon”></div>

etc…

All of the other sections are the same apart from the wording obviously and they all work fine. Since you removed the social icons tab from the Theme Option panel and replaced the icons with Font Awsome. This has broken and I cant see how the animation refewrence can be added?

There are still references to the icons in various parts of the code so I’m wondering if there is a conflict. However it’s difficult to see where I can hard code the animation call in? If I could find the file to be able to change the section title (in code not the theme options panel. Then I think that would be the place to hard code in the boiunceIn. However I have experimented in various parts of the code but they don’t seem to be active.

Hope that makes sense.

David WrightDavid Wright

Hi Shri

I got your email asking for the site details. I’m assuming you mean admin details for you to get into the site. Unfortunately I’m not keen on this as last time we had issues and I let you in the site ended up broken elsewhere and I had to start again. Fortunately I hadn’t done too much then but now it would be a major job.

Unless you have updated the theme again since since I downloaded the one I’m currently using, I’m guessing you’ll be able to see the problem from the standard theme. You have no version control so I cant tell you which one I’m using but I would hope you could tell from the download record.

All I need is to know what files to alter to make this work, not a big job as all the other option sections work ok. It’s just this one and it happened as I say when you removed the section using the icon images and replaced the social icons with Font Awesome, inserted via shortcode.

If you take a good look at the files you should be able to see the redundant code and if you add the section using short code as per your instructions to mer at the time. You’ll see the problem.

I hope you understand and can help by just sending me the updated files and or code to insert.

Thanks

David WrightDavid Wright

Hi Shri

Have you had chance to look at this this yet?
    It’s still working with my work around but I really want it back working with the CSS.

Please, all I need is the up to date files, tidied up to remove the reference to the old icons and allowing icons to work from the css as they did before.

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.