Slider Display / No-Display for Mobile Option

Home Forums SKT Full Width Forum Slider Display / No-Display for Mobile Option

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Martin SansomMartin Sansom
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 3
    • Total: 5

Is there an easy option, or a custom CSS media-screen command, to simply turn the home page slider off for mobile devices? This seems a rather obvious option to have for this (or any) theme, yet I cannot find one in theme options, and have yet to figure out how to do it through CSS. Thanks.

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

You have SKT Full Width Pro so it has slider on the homepage and nothing else so shouldn’t be a good idea for your website.

Yes for other themes we can give CSS instructions on how to hide the slider in mobile (can be done easily).

Regards,
    Shri

Shri, while I really do appreciate your quick reply, an opinion of what is a good idea for my site isn’t what I’m looking for.

If there are CSS instructions for your other themes to hide the slider in mobile, please post them here and I will be happy to experiment with them.

Thank you,

Martin

Keymaster

Hi Martin,

Yes for each theme the div for slider is different. We can see which div affects and use display none in css to hide it.

We can also comment out code in header.php and use some other slider instead.

You are using SKT Full Width Pro and hence gave the answer in that context.

We always help clients with their requests so if you are planning to buy another theme and want to completely remove the slider or replace it with some other slide we will help you in doing so.

Regards,
    Shri

Amy AaronsAmy Aarons
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1
    • Total: 1

I would like to remove the slider from the Home Page. Can you help me spot the place in the css to do this? THanks!

Giles

Keymaster

Kindly show us your website.

We can help you in that way.

Regards,
    Shri

For anyone following this support thread, here is the custom CSS that I used to remove the slider from mobile devices with a screen width less than 480 pixels:

@media screen and (max-width:479px) {
    #supersized {visibility:hidden!important;}
    #supersized li {visibility:hidden!important;}
    .slider-parent {display:none!important;}
    }

Not sure if all 3 lines were needed, but it did the trick. Right now, I am searching for a means to swap out the default background image with an image to be displayed only on mobile. The default background (once the slider is removed) does not reformat its width correctly, so I need to either swap it with a smaller image or figure out how to force it to reformat depending on screen size. Any help would be appreciated.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.