How do do child them for SKT Pro clean?

Home Forums All Other Themes How do do child them for SKT Pro clean?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kristiferkristifer
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 2
    • Total: 5

Hello, we have just bought this theme. We are trying to create a child theme like usual. When we activate the child theme it totally breaks the website. Most of the javascript doesn’t work and the layout get misaligned.

I have read elsewhere on this forum that the answer is to use the css editor built into the UI. But what if we want to go deeper? We need to make custom post types and we need to modify templates. Can you explain please how child-theming works for this theme?

kristiferkristifer

One full day and no response.. I would really appreciate an explanation.

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi,

Sorry for delayed response as yesterday WordPress 4.7 was released and we had to update a few themes. Now for this theme there is no need for a child theme as you can place your Custom CSS in appearance>theme options>basic settings>Custom CSS box.

No need for a child theme to be added. You can add additional templates into this current theme itself because update of a theme does not overwrite custom templates which you create on your own.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,
    Brad

kristiferkristifer

Thank you for answering. But I am still confused. Does using a child-theme break the parent theme? I would really like a clear answer.

Also, if I can not use a child theme, then how do I safely edit core files? if I make changes to functions.php will they get overwritten during an update?

Thank you

Kris

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi Kris,

Updates happen manually where we send emails to customers regarding updates so update won’t happen for our themes automatically due to the reasons above like developers edit core files many times.

Regards,
    Shri

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.