SKT Healing Touch Pro returns to demo content after updates

Home Forums All Other Themes SKT Healing Touch Pro returns to demo content after updates

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    JoeJoe
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 3
    • Total: 4

Hi,

My site is www.cattsireland.com. After the latest update of WordPress and the Healing Touch theme, all customisations have disappeared.

I am not using a child theme, however I have a few other site with different templates where this problem is not happening.

Can you please assist?

Thank you,
    Joe

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi Joe,

I don’t think upgrading WordPress would ever cause any problem with any of our themes because they are all tested to be working with even 4.7 beta.

Now upgrades can be lost if you clicked by mistake Reset defaults in theme options or anyway you removed the wp-options table column which consists of the theme options saved there.

In only these cases you can have the theme data reset.

If you have a database backup you can always put it back to restore what you had earlier.

Regards,
    Shri

JoeJoe

Hi Shri,

I haven’t hit reset, or removed any tables. I bought your pro theme as I wanted a theme that I could do minimum changes to, (colours and front end pictures, etc), and would require little messing around with the back end. Which is what I have done with the instance I bought from you. It is pretty much as it came out of the box.

Despite what you say that it can’t happen, it has happened. I have restored a back up, and the theme still shows demo content. I have done no more than basic customising in the wordpress customiser with it, and yet it refers back to the sample data.

I also asked my hosting provider to do a backup from their side (just to remove the case that the backup may have been incorrect), and their support have confirmed at all settings are correct as of the last properly working version of the site (which was Tuesday).

Yet (browser caches cleared, etc.) it still shows demo content. They could only point me back in the direction of the theme provider as it should have restored everything, but it didn’t.

Can you please assist.

Thanks,
    Joe

Keymaster

Hi Joe,

I hope you will believe us as we have more than 300,000 customers using our free themes.

And more than 22,000 paid customers who have never said anything like this before.

Any site data cannot magically vanish or we don’t have anything which might cause it to delete in any case.

In fact we have made sure that even if theme is deleted its data remains in database so that if in case it has happened wrongly client can again add the theme to regain it.

Regards,
    Shri

Keymaster

Hi Joe,

Here is a snapshot from waybackmachine for your website: http://web.archive.org/web/20160731212522/http://www.cattsireland.com/

Regards,
    Shri

Keymaster

Hi Joe,

It can be possible that you added a security plugin and it changed the database tables prefix (many security plugins do that).

Regards,
    Shri

JoeJoe

Hi Shri,

I appreciate your frustration with this, as I can hope you appreciate mine.

I will ask the hosting tech support people to look at the database tables, as that is something that I don’t think has been tried yet.

On your second post you mentioned:
    “In fact we have made sure that even if theme is deleted its data remains in database so that if in case it has happened wrongly client can again add the theme to regain it.”

Can you point me to how or where I should find this in the database? If I do find it, and the data is there, do you have a ‘how to’ or anything on your site for how I can re-link it to the theme so it shows the information again.

Thanks,
    Joe

Keymaster

Hi Joe,

In wp-options table in database see an entry by the name ‘options_framework_healing_touch’

Regards,
    Shri

JoeJoe

Hi Shri,

Yep, I found an entry in the DB
    1008 skt_healing_touch_pro a:214:{s:4:”logo”;s:93:”http://www.cattsireland.co… yes

It does seem to have all the changes as you said it would.

What would you suggest is the best way to proceed from here? Should I perhaps unintall and reinstall the theme fresh? If so, how can I get it to read from this part of the DB? Or what would you recommend?

Many thanks,
    Joe

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.