Perfect Food – OurMenu Display

Home Forums All Other Themes Perfect Food – OurMenu Display

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    MariaMaria
    • Topics: 8
    • Replies: 9
    • Total: 17

Working with the Perfect Food theme, I’ve added seven(7) menu categories (i.e. Sandwich Tray, Dessert, etc.). All of them have at least two items.

I would like to create a page for each category, and would like to show items from that category ONLY on each respective page.

What would be the shortcode to accomplish this? Something like:

[columns size=”3″] [ourmenu filter=”true” menuexcerptlength=”15″ allmenu=”sandwich-tray”] [/columns]

I’ve tried the category name and the slug and no luck so far.

Thanks for any assistance,
    Maria

MariaMaria

Also, is the built-in menu based on another plugin? I’m not an expert at WP shortcodes (by any stretch of the imagination) and if so, is there a location/URL that I can reference for future assistance?

Concerning that code snippet in my first post, would changing the number [column size=”X”] be a quick way to change the number of columns? I’m looking for four(4) columns.

Thanks again for your help!

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30633
    • Total: 30633

Hi Maria,

Kindly send us your URL of the site and WordPress admin details via sktthemes.net/contact

Please mention this forum URL while replying so that we understand what needs to be done.

Regards,
    Dave

MariaMaria

Good Morning Dave,
    Shri referred me back here, so I am hoping that the SKT MasterMind Group has a solution. Here is one of the pages I’m working with:

http://yourthymecatering.com/portage-lakes-44319/appetizers/

My goal is too show ONLY the APPETIZERS on the Appetizer page. Likewise for the six other main categories that are set up.

This was taken from the coding in the “Perfect Food” documentation:

[columns size=”2″][ourmenu filter=”true” menuexcerptlength=”15″ allmenu=”All Menu”][/columns]

My thoughts are it should be here somewhere. I’ve already changed this code and used the both the category name and the category slug for a possible filter and neither seems to work:

[columns size=”4″][ourmenu filter=”true” menuexcerptlength=”40″ allmenu=”ytc-appetizers”][/columns]

Interestingly, if I remove the [columns size=”4″][/columns] from that, it will show two columns full width. Ideally, I’d like it to show four(4) columns all the way across the page.

Can anyone share a bit of knowledge on this one? I’m not certain what to try. Would a CSS rule (hide category abc) be a solution?

Looking forward to your quick response,
    Maria

PS. Also, is there a way to HIDE the page title?

THANKS!

Hi Maria,

This issue was resolved from our end. Kindly check and confirm.

Shortcode: [ourmenu filter="false" menuexcerptlength="42" allmenu="Appetizers" catslug="soups-sides"]

You have to add category slug name in catslug=”” option.

Regards,
    Dave

MariaMaria

Hi Dave,
    Thanks for the insight, that works perfectly. Your help is very much appreciated.

Is there a way to hide the page title?

Also, is there a simple way to show a representative picture at the top of each page(s)? I’d like to post a salad picture on the salads page, a soup picture on the soup page, etc.

Thanks again,
    Maria

HI Maria,

Kindly go to Appearance>>Customize>>Basic>>Custom CSS Box

Add this code there:

.thn_post_wrap h1{display:none;}

On Salads page set the featured image so that it appears as a header image of that page.

Regards,
    Dave

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.