Over-ride style sheet

Home Forums All Other Themes Over-ride style sheet

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JulieJulie
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 48
    • Total: 80

Do the settings in the Theme Options over-ride the style sheet and other template docs?

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30649
    • Total: 30649

Hi Julie,

Yes they do override the part of the CSS which you mention there. So yes.

Regards,
    Dave

JulieJulie
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 48
    • Total: 80

Dave, Thanks for responding in such a timely manner to both of my questions, it is better to get some answers first than making a giant mess with limited knowledge. kind of like “Measure twice, cut once.”

That goes back to my previous question about global changes, I probably should have combined them. What I am assuming is that I could do a search for #19b8e6 (SKT Medical Pro) in a txt doc and replace it with the desired color. Is that assumption right or am I missing something that will make my life a living nightmare while I try to fix the damage?

If that is right I know that #19b8e6 comes up in index-default.php + style_E.css do I need to change it in both of them.

I have always been told that any edits should be done in a plain text app not Word, but if I do the editing in Word then paste it into a txt doc in a plain text app are the Word artifacts discarded making it safe to use in the Editor?
    Thanks again,
    Julie

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi Julie,

Global changes can be applied via appearance>theme options>basic settings>Custom CSS box by identifying all the CSS classes you want to club and then apply them together with 1 color code.

Regards,
    Shri

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.