Movers and Shakers – I promise I'll stop asking questions soon!

Home Forums All Other Themes Movers and Shakers – I promise I'll stop asking questions soon!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Marc Austin-ZandeMarc Austin-Zande
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 25
    • Total: 35

SO close to perfect now. I do have a couple more things bugging me that I really can’t find my way around.

1. Blog (Posts) page – http://www.powercurveqld.com.au/site/dyno-blog/ – I would love for it to land directly on the list of posts. At the moment, it displays the text of the front (or “Home”) page and the posts (blog) are on the side bar, grouped as categories. Is it possible for me to make this page display the entire list of post, newest at top?

2. Can I change the container height for “Why Choose Us Boxes For Section 2”? Loads of dead space after we removed the text. Would be nice to reduce the height a bit. Can I also make the images display larger than the thumbnail size they are now? http://www.powercurveqld.com.au/site/

3. When I remove a Featured Image from a page, it leaves the large space. Can I remove the image AND the space that was reserved for it? Not all pages, just a few, such as the “Category” pages in the posts/blog http://www.powercurveqld.com.au/site/category/4wd-modifications/

I really think (and hope) that will be all I have to ask of you. I’ve found a few things myself but I am really not that good at this!

Thanks again for all the help you’ve been giving me!

Cheers

Marc

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30657
    • Total: 30657

Hi Marc,

1) Kindly go to Setting>>Reading and remove the blog page from “Post Page”. Then go to Blog page edit the page and select blog right sidebar page template from right hand side “Page attribute panel”.

2) Add this code in Custom CSS Box:

.three_column{height:auto !important; margin-bottom:0 !important; padding:10px 20px !important;}

3) Add this code to hide inner banner:

.category .innerbanner{display:none;}

Regards,
    Dave

Hi Dave

1. Awesome stuff yet again. Of course I feel pretty stupid on #1 as I was searching through the theme options and then looking at CSS but I completely failed at WordPress 101 on this one. Note to self: always look at the standard WP stuff before looking for a hard way to do things!

2. perfect… thank you

3. Sadly, that didn’t work. There is still a place holder and large space above each post (blog entry), as you can see here:

http://www.powercurveqld.com.au/site/1jzgte-manual-hilux-engine-conversion/

And now, we have a new one… #4 has popped its ugly head up…

4. The “blog” or posts page also has an issue that I can’t figure out. I have set it to “Full Width” but it still displays the “Right Sidebar” which we have labelled “Latest News ” and we ahve a Facebook feed in it. I’d like to supress it form that page but can’t find how. It doesn’t behave like other pages.

http://www.powercurveqld.com.au/site/dyno-blog/

Your suggestions ALWAYS welcome and gratefully accepted 😉

Cheers

Marc

Hi Marc,

Add this code in Custom CSS Box:

.single-post .innerbanner{display:none;}

Regards,
    Dave

That did it Dave!

But, I had started editing the above post then was distracted and I forgot to save it. There is ONE MORE (I promise, this is it!) question that I can’t solve…

And now, we have a new one
 #4 has popped its ugly head up

4. The “blog” or posts page also has an issue that I can’t figure out. I have set it to “Full Width” but it still displays the “Right Sidebar” which we have labeled “Latest News ” and we have a Facebook feed in it. I’d like to suppress it from that page but can’t find how. It doesn’t behave like other pages.

http://www.powercurveqld.com.au/site/dyno-blog/

Your suggestions ALWAYS welcome and gratefully accepted ?

Hi Marc,

You have to remove the blog page from Setting>>Reading and after that use page template Blog full width.

Regards,
    Dave

That’s a bummer, Dave.

As it stands, it’s _almost_ perfect in the way it works. As part of the standard WP setup in Settings > Reading (I still feel stupid for overlooking that), it displays the blog entries (Posts) just as it should but with that sidebar. When I remove it from the Settings > Reading it reverts to displaying just the first entry and it pulls that from the actual home page.

Not sure what to do now. Is there some way that I can force it to be a full-width page while still listed as the “Posts Page” in Settings > Reading? If that isn’t possible, just suppressing the sidebar on that page by some custom CSS code?

Thanks as always!

Kindly send us your URL of the site and WordPress admin details (Username & Password) via sktthemes.net/contact

Please mention this forum URL while replying so that we understand what needs to be done.

Regards,
    Dave

HI Dave.

Email sent to support@skt. I can’t thank you enough for this help!

Cheers

Marc

Hi Marc,

This issue was resolved from our end. Kindly check and confirm.

Regards,
    Dave

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.