Issues with changeover to IT Consultant Pro

Home Forums IT Consultant Support Issues with changeover to IT Consultant Pro

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Brian ClarkBrian Clark
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 9
    • Total: 13

Hi

I liked IT Consultant theme and it ran well. However when I upgraded to IT Consultant Pro today it all went wrong and I need help on the following issues.

My site is now really Slow to load. The free version loaded quickly. The pro-version loads slowly and on PCs and times out on  my mobile. I have reduced graphic sizes to no avail. I have also sped up the site in WordPress settings to 2-3 times normal speed.
    When I upload a logo my site heading and tag line disappears. I have tried different size logos. How do I stop this happening?

I am a basic user and would appreciate assistance on how to solve these issues please.

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi,

Sorry about the issues faced. We can do one thing here: Have cache set up on your site to make it faster or Secondly you give us 1 week to make the theme faster just like the free version.

Tagline we can solve in in the theme or on your site and send it to you.

Regards,
    Shri

Brian ClarkBrian Clark

Thank you Shri

The theme is perfect for our business. I will apply fastest speed possible and look forward to receiving a revised theme. Once this is resolved we would be happy to recommend you.

with regards

Brian

Keymaster

Hi Brian,

Thanks. Yes 3-4 themes are there from our end which needs to be upgraded in terms of framework and faster usability and speed.

Regards,
    Shri

Brian ClarkBrian Clark

I enabled the Falcon Performance engine and it still works slowly. I will wait for you and revert to the basic template in the meantime

Keymaster

Try W3 Total Cache and not falcon or try wp fastest cache.

Regards,
    Shri

Darren ChapmanDarren Chapman
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 13
    • Total: 19

Hello Shri,

I also like the theme but I am having exactly the same issues as Brian (including the Heading and Tagline disappearing).  The main concern for me is the speed.   When do you think the  IT Consultant Pro theme will be updated to sort out the speed issue?  I am only running it on a test site at the moment because it takes between 10-15 seconds to load where the free version loads in around 6 seconds and my live site loads in under 2 seconds.

Regards

Darren

Keymaster

Hi,

Updating the framework today for this theme. And will update you when done and things should be fine thereafter.

Regards,
    Shri

Keymaster

Hi Brian and Darren,

Updated the theme for slow performance.

Given you re-access to the theme till 30th June. Kindly download the theme from here:
    sktthemes.net/my-account/ (use forgot password in case you forgot)

Theme Instructions after download:

Kindly visit Appearance>Themes>Activate some other theme for the time being.

Then click on old Pro theme and delete it. Don’t worry deleting the theme doesn’t delete its settings at all.

Then visit Appearance>Themes>Add New and upload the zip you just downloaded of the new theme.

And Activate.

That’s it. Hope you enjoy the updated latest theme.

Regards,
    Shri

Participant

Hello Shri,

I installed the theme (after activating another and deleting the old one) and it is heaps faster thanks. However, it seems to be ignoring my pages and just showing a default Home page?

If I change to the free version my content shows up on the site.  Am I missing something?

Regards

Darren

Keymaster

Hi Darren,

Just go to Appearance>Theme Options>Save the options for once.

Check documentation here: http://sktthemesdemo.net/documentation/itconsultant_documentation/#homepage-setup

Regards,
    Shri

Participant

Thanks Shri,

All working.  Very nice.  Great support.

Regards

Darren

Brian ClarkBrian Clark

Wish I could say the same. Uploaded theme – very responsive but the sliders were not showing on live site though they were visible while in WordPress. The site tagline still disappears when logo uploaded.  I changed some font & colour settings and saved them and I got an error message ‘CSS / JS minify cache: No sources to serve’. I changed back to the free theme and the slider had stopped working in that as well. Have reloaded Pro version but same issues, same error. I searched WordPress Help for this error https://wordpress.org/support/topic/error-occurred-while-creating-the-css-js-minify-cache-no-sources-to-serve and a response from ‘Jonny_n’ to another user and his advice was that it was something too do with the theme code.

Do you have any suggestions?

Brian ClarkBrian Clark

An update – have deleted W3 Total Cache and my IT manager has installed another cache manager & theme is working. Will update you of any more issues.

Thank you for your support

Kevin ThompsonKevin Thompson
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 12
    • Total: 14

I just purchased and installed this theme today (6/24).  Given the recent discussion, can someone confirm that I have downloaded the latest theme with the fixes or do I need to obtain it from somewhere else?  Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.