How to remove "All" menu option from Pizza theme menu?

Home Forums All Other Themes How to remove "All" menu option from Pizza theme menu?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jeffrey DunnJeffrey Dunn
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 7
    • Total: 9

Hello,

I recently bought the Pizza theme. How do I remove the “All” menu option? I don’t want to have an option on the menu for “All” items. I think it will be confusing for people. It also would make for a lot of clutter and a long scrolling page if you have a lot of menu items under “All”. I prefer that the menu is divided into specific categories.

If the “All” menu option can’t easily be removed, is there a way to change the default category selected when the menu is displayed? That way I can select Pizza as the default. It’s probably the category someone would be looking for most often on the menu.

So far I like the theme. I am using it for a pizzeria.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30639
    • Total: 30639

Hi,

Show us your website URL please?

Regards,
    Chris

Jeffrey DunnJeffrey Dunn
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. The website isn’t published on a server yet. I am building it on my PC with ampps.

Menu screenshot

Hi,

Kindly go to Appearance >> Customize >> Basic >> Scroll down to find Custom CSS and paste there:

.all.active {
        display: none;
    }

Regards,
    Chris

Jeffrey DunnJeffrey Dunn
    Participant

Hi Chris,

That did remove “All” from the menu initially but it still shows all of the menu items as if “All” is selected until you click on Pizza or another category. When you click another category “All” returns and toggles on and off based on whether you click “All”, when it appears, versus one of the categories. Not sure how you turn it off completely but it does seem that it is the default selection and even though it is not displayed the menu items associated with “All”(the default?) are still displayed.

I appreciate your help with this.

-Jeff

Hi,

Okay, Please send us your WordPress credentials to [email protected] Please mention this forum URL while replying so that we understand what needs to be done.

We will solve this issue directly on your server.

Regards,
    Chris

Jeffrey DunnJeffrey Dunn
    Participant

Hello,

That is not possible at this time. The website is not yet hosted on a server. As I indicated in an earlier post I am building the website using Ampps on a PC. I will deploy the website to a server when it’s ready. I’ll let this issue rest for now and post here again when the website is hosted on a server. Then you can address the issue.

Thank you for your patience,
    -Jeff

Okay

Regards,
    Chris

edison2rinenedison2rinen
    Participant

Hi Jeff, I also have bought the Pizza Theme. I have been experimenting and I think I have an idea how to remove all.
    If you have created the Home Section 5 Page (or the Menu) where you have a shortcode like this:
    [titlearea align=”center” title=”Our Menu” titlelast=”” subtitle=”” titlecolor=”#252525″ titlelastcolor=”” seperatorcolor=”#c10a28″]
    [space height=”20″]
    [newproduct filter=”true” allproduct=”All” show=”3″ pcatname=”” buttonname=”Add to Cart”]

change these variables to
    allproduct=””
    pcatname=”Product Category that you want to show”

Let me know if this works.

Regards,
    Eddie

Hi Eddie,

Kindly go to Appearance >> Customize >> Basic >> Scroll down to find Custom CSS and paste there:

.all.active {
    display: none;
    }

Regards,
    Chris

Jeffrey DunnJeffrey Dunn
    Participant

@Eddie, Thanks for the help. Unfortunately that didn’t work for me. The All menu item was gone and Pizza was the default category but the other 3 categories are now empty. You can select the other categories but no products are shown. It appears that the “pcatname” variable will limit the display of products to only the category set in this variable.

@Chris, I tried your suggestion earlier and described the result in an earlier post on this thread. Thanks for your help.

I still have not yet deployed my site to a server… Waiting on graphics.

-Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Okay

Regards,
    Chris

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.