April 19, 2017 at 9:08 pm #69573
As I have previously said on another problem that I had, I’m trying to create a website for my sister-in-law that looks very similar to the website of her former teacher’s. My sister-in-laws website is http://www.swimsproutoftexas.com and her former teacher’s website is http://www.swimsprout.com. My sister-in-laws former teacher has approved us in doing this… they are working together.
Here are the two problems I’m having with the “Photo Gallery”:
1. My new website’s Photo Gallery page needs to look similar to the original website’s photo Photo Gallery page which is at http://www.swimsprout.com/#section5. How do I do away with “Show All” and just have a link for “Photos” and “Videos”? When I put those pictures in my “Photo Gallery”, I created a “Gallery Category” labeled “Photos”. I have also created a second “Gallery Category” labeled “Videos” although I have yet to place any videos in my “Photo Gallery” page.
2. How do I add YouTube videos to this “Photo Gallery”? For example, one YouTube video that I want to put on my “Photo Gallery” page is this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lnEhsH-YuE. How do I do this?
JhoecannonApril 20, 2017 at 6:22 am #69598
Did you solved this issues? I found videos on the gallery and all the issues were resolved.
DaveApril 20, 2017 at 6:24 am #69599
Aapologize. I have checked reference site 🙂April 20, 2017 at 6:51 am #69602
Kindly use this plugin to show Videos in gallery: https://wordpress.org/plugins/nimble-portfolio/
DaveApril 20, 2017 at 7:55 pm #69737
I added the Nimble Portfolio plugin… I read the little bit of info on the WordPress Plugin page about how to use that plugin… I spent time on YouTube watching a foreign language film about the plugin (I watched it several times… 16.33 minutes video).. I played around with the plugin on my website for a couple of hours.
I did create a page called “Portfolio” on my website… http://www.swimsproutoftexas.com/portfolio… that page is somewhat correct… and, if you click on one of the video “boxes”, the video does play… http://www.swimsproutoftexas.com/portfolio/#nimblebox[nimble_portfolio_gal_default]/2/… but, this not what I want.
I want the videos to show up on this page… http://www.swimsproutoftexas.com/#section5… under the Upper Heading of “Videos”… and I want them to show up looking like the “Photos”… that’s how they look on my sister-in-laws former teacher’s website at http://www.swimsprout.com/#section5.
How do I do this? I have added four videos to my new website and after I learn how to do this, I can add more.
JhoecannonApril 27, 2017 at 9:32 pm #70516
Please see my last posting that I made one week ago (see above).
How do I get these videos to show up in the Gallery area and how do I add a “Video” link nest to the “Photo” link?April 28, 2017 at 1:35 pm #70602
This issue was resolved from our end. Kindly check and confirm.
BradApril 29, 2017 at 5:07 pm #70646
The Photo Gallery page is not functioning correctly. Sometimes, an image from the “Videos” category shows up on the “Photo” category page. At other times, even though I have posted 9 “Photo”, only 8 show up.
Please see 3 attached images.
Also, I have deleted it now, but I tried to add Photo # 10, but only 9 photos would show up. Can more than 9 photos show up on this “Photo Gallery” page?
JhoecannonMay 1, 2017 at 12:35 pm #70824
By default it will show all the categories. When you click on photos then only photos will appears.
On http://www.swimsprout.com they have made custom changes in the gallery.
So if you want to fix this issue then it is customization request for us.
Kindly connect with us via sktthemes.net/contact for customization pricing.
DaveMay 1, 2017 at 8:48 pm #70858
Dear Support Team,
I did get your message about possibly having to customize the Photo Gallery area, but I did want to explore all of my other options first. Can you please answer these questions first:
1. It appears that this theme is set up to show only 9 pictures in the Photo Gallery area when a visitor just goes to the website and strolls down to the Photo Gallery area… is this assumption correct? If this is correct, I believe I could get around the additional customization by first putting all of the videos in the Photo Gallery area first and then follow it up with a minimum of 9 photos.
2. I would assume that if a visitor clicked on “Photo” that only photos that were given a Category Classification as “Photo” would show up… is this correct? If so, please see my third attachment in my last reply to you… why are only 8 pictures showing up when I had already published 9 photos?
Today, I have published a 10th photo (all given a Category Classification as “Photo”) and still only 8 photos show up when myself or a visitor clicks on “Photo”.
I believe something is wrong.
3. If I had 20 photos published and all of them given the Category Classification of “Photo”… shouldn’t they all show up when a visitor clicks on “Photos”? This is what usually happens on most website themes.
4. If I had 20 videos published and all of them given the Category Classification of “Videos”… shouldn’t they all show up when a visitor clicks on “Videos”? This is what usually happens on most website themes.
5. My last question is this… please see my new attachment. Can we eliminate these 2 Url’s? Why are these in my admin area?
JhoecannonMay 2, 2017 at 5:47 am #70880
1) Issue resolved. In the photo gallery shortcode you will find show=”” option. You can show particular amount of photos in the photo gallery using this option.
3) Yes, If you have 20 photos and visitor clicks on the photos/videos category all the photos will show up.
5) Issue resolved
DaveMay 2, 2017 at 7:00 pm #71003
Dear Support Team,
I did get your last response… so, I went into my photo gallery and changed my photo gallery shortcode from show=”-1″ to show=”9″ since I wanted nine photos/videos to initially show.
When I go to www.swimsproutoftexas.com and stroll down to the “Photo Gallery” area… 9 pictures do show. Great!!
However, when I click on “Photo”… only 8 photos show even though I have 10 “photos” published. You said in your last response to me that all 10 would show… this is not happening.
The same thing happened when I changed the shortcode from show=”9″ to show=”6″… when I go to www.swimsproutoftexas.com and stroll down, there are only 6 pictures. Great! But, when I click on “Photo” only 5 photos show up… not the 10 that I have published.
Why is this happening and how do we correct this?
JhoecannonMay 3, 2017 at 5:02 am #71014
If you show=”9″ means it will show total of both the photos and videos. So show=”-1″ displays all the photos and videos in the gallery.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.