Fullpage pro, letf sidebar, copyright footer and masonry class customization

Home Forums All Other Themes Fullpage pro, letf sidebar, copyright footer and masonry class customization

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Felipe GarofaloFelipe Garofalo
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 14
    • Total: 17

I just bought the Fullpage pro theme, and while editing the website the theme has been behaving strangely. There are three main problems I would like some help:

1. The left sidebar, where the website menu is located, has not occupied the entire height of the website when a page is very high. It ends up getting a smaller left sidebar, and while scrolling down the page you can see a space between the left sidebar of the menu and the copyright footer. The space is only filled by the bottom of the page, when we reach the end of the scroll. Then you would need the left sidebar to be responsive and cover 100% of the height of the site.

2. The copyright bar has not accepted changes to the text. It turns out that any time I try to edit the copyright text to include my name (since the site will have my photos) the bar increases, and thus ends up covering elements of the page. To adjust I have chosen to reset the theme, but I lose all other changes. It seems that when I change the text, even using the html editor function, the bar increases because of the paragraph of the text. So for now I left without any copyright text in the copyright footer, but its not working out like this.

3. I’m using photonic wp plugin for populate galleries with my flickr account, and I’m having a problem with the galleries, especially masonry layout galleries. The thing is that the full page pro theme has a style defined for anything that uses the masonry class, to add a margin of 1.5em at the top and bottom. So, Photonic is respecting the padding values that I’m setting, but your theme is adding a separate margin and this is making the images to be too much apart. Can you help me to fix this? I couldn’t find a spot or any configuration were I can set the masonry class margin to 0 in the theme. A css maybe could do it??

I gathered all my questions in this post on the support forum. This means that publication # 148541 no longer needs help, it is covered here.

To see what I’m talking about the website is www.felipegarofalo.com.br

Thanks

Participant

The first topic, about the left sidebar, can be seen here

www.felipegarofalo.com.br/sobre/
    www.felipegarofalo.com.br/nu-et-erotique/le-bain/
    www.felipegarofalo.com.br/streetphotography/paris/

But not in the whole website

Participant

Updates.
    So, during the weekend I aplied two css that seens to be doing the magic.

(a) For problem n. 2 I used the css: #copyright p { font-family:Ubuntu; margin-bottom: 0; margin-top: 0;}

That worked out for the 12px margin that was coming every time I edited the copyright text, but I think this is the kind of problem that should be solved by a theme update. I can’t tell if I corrected this right. Can you help me figure it out? May be a opinion about the css applied?

(b) For problem n. 3 I used the css: .photonic-masonry-layout .photonic-thumb a img { margin: 0 !important; }

That was provided for the plugin support. But again, I dont know if that is the best way to overpass the masonry margin that the theme is applying. Its too a problem that I would believe that should be solved by a theme update as I fell that a gallery layout margin should be choosen by the site owner. Again, I would like a opinion about the css applied

(c) problem n. 1 still persist unsolved and a mistery. Inspecting the page code I can’t tell why in some of then the left menu sidebar is not occupying the full heigth.

Thanks again.

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30649
    • Total: 30649

Hi,

Can you send us the screenshot of your all issues? Upload your screenshot on http://imgur.com/ and paste the share url here.

Regards,
    Dave

Participant

I trying hard to repply the post with the screenshot but is not working
    Its not showing in the forum

Participant

So I have taken two prints to show the left sidebar problem

https://imgur.com/gallery/v1VROP8

Participant

print 2

https://imgur.com/gallery/cJK3mhE

Participant

Maybe is helpfull to know that I have a big monitor (but in photography this is mandatory)
    Is a 23 inch Acer monitor in Full HD
    But I believe it should work even in a 4k 27 inch monitor without breaking the left sidebar menu
    In smaller, like laptop ou less than full hd screen res, the left sidebar appers correctly

Hi,

Kindly go to Appearance >> Customize >> Basic >> Scroll down to find Custom CSS and paste there:

#lens-sidebar { height:100% !important;}

Regards,
    Dave

Participant

Thank you. That seens to solve the issue, and Im very greatfull. And with this all the 3 issue are overcome.

But I have some minor problems that I noticed

If I should open a new topic let me know, but here we go

(a) the open sidebar/close sidebar button is not in a good position. As “open sidebar” there is a plus 20px padding on the left side, than when its “close sidebar”. This is happening in the left side of element adding 20 in “position”.

(b) the open sidebar/close sidebar button is not centered in height. So it’s above the copyright line. It’s looking wierd.

(c) in the mobile theme the copyright and the foorter bar with the widgets is going to the top of the site. So we are seeing menu, footer bar, copyright bar and than the content. I think this is not how it should be working.

(d) I noticed that the customization has a way to choose the copyright font-family, and I did. Im using ubuntu in the whole site. But if I don’t put in the css for the copyright text it doesn’t recognize the font family I’ve chosen from the customization area.

Can you help me with this other 4 issue?

Hi,

(a) the open sidebar/close sidebar button is not in a good position. As “open sidebar” there is a plus 20px padding on the left side, than when its “close sidebar”. This is happening in the left side of element adding 20 in “position”.

Ans: Kindly go to Appearance >> Customize >> Basic >> Scroll down to find Custom CSS and paste there:

body.sktsidepanel #copyright #colclose { left:0;}

(b) the open sidebar/close sidebar button is not centered in height. So it’s above the copyright line. It’s looking wierd.

Ans: Kindly go to Appearance >> Customize >> Basic >> Scroll down to find Custom CSS and paste there:

#colclose{ padding-top:19px;}

(c) in the mobile theme the copyright and the foorter bar with the widgets is going to the top of the site. So we are seeing menu, footer bar, copyright bar and than the content. I think this is not how it should be working.

Ans: This is done

(d) I noticed that the customization has a way to choose the copyright font-family, and I did. Im using ubuntu in the whole site. But if I don’t put in the css for the copyright text it doesn’t recognize the font family I’ve chosen from the customization area.

Ans: We checked, you have used the Montserrat font throughout the site. there is no ubuntu font.

Regards,
    Dave

Participant

So. Updates.

The (b) problem. I have use it. But it doesn’t do the trick. adding 19px to the top doesn’t center in height the close button. Maybe there is another css code for that. Or another way to write it

The (c) problem is still the same. When I open the website on a tablet or a cellphone the footer comes in the top of the site, above the content. I didnt understand what it means “This is done”.

The (d) problem. The font family. I did choose Ubuntu in the customization area, and for me is showing the site with Ubuntu. Is it showing the same for you guys?

Nem question. (e) there is some css so I can disable the thumbnail (caption) and the arrow navigation for the default slider on the homepage? I’m using the standart default slider to show some photos, but I dont want to use the caption with nav arrows above it.

New question. (f) there is some css to make the social icons center align? I will problably only use 3 of then. It would be nice to make it center align.

Thanks again
    Best Reggards

Hi,

We did not find any issues on your website?

Can you send us the screenshot of your issues? Upload your screenshot on http://imgur.com/ and paste the share url here.

Regards,
    Dave

Participant

Sorry, I was saving draft
    Now I publish my customization
    I think the issue (e) is now the most important for me
    here is the website
    www.felipegarofalo.com.br

But if you guys can comment the other ones woul be great

regards

Hi,

(e) there is some css so I can disable the thumbnail (caption) and the arrow navigation for the default slider on the homepage? I’m using the standart default slider to show some photos, but I dont want to use the caption with nav arrows above it.

#prevslide, #nextslide { display:none !important;}

(f) there is some css to make the social icons center align? I will problably only use 3 of then. It would be nice to make it center align.

Ans: We checked, this is already center align.

Regards,
    Dave

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.