Film Maker Theme slow site

Home Forums SKT Full Width Forum Film Maker Theme slow site

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Karen CampbellKaren Campbell
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 2
    • Total: 9

Hello! My site: http://www.karencampbellphoto.com is very slow to load and sometimes gives me error messages when I try to pull it up on the web. I have tried turning off the plugins and turning them back on individually to see if there was a conflict. I don’t see any issue with the plugins. I was wondering if you all could take a look at it to help possibly find the reason. I don’t think I should post my log-in info here since I think this is open to the public. I use NextGen Galleries and they told me to turn all the plugins off and then on individually. They said if it doesn’t seem to get fixed it might be a problem with my theme and I might need to find a “standard theme”. Can you please help me. I have spent a lot of time making this theme look good (setting things up) so I don’t want to have to change out the theme at this point. Thank you! Karen Campbell

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30649
    • Total: 30649

Hi,

Kindly use compressjpeg.com or tinypng.com to reduce sizes and compress all your images and reupload them.

Lastly kindly use WP Fastest Cache plugin and ask hosting to have Zend Op Cache and PHP Server cache applied to your site or if they have NGINX available get them to use that.

With all the above steps i am sure your site will be faster. Theme is just part of the entire WordPress website ecosystem and our themes are coded to be faster.

Rest are all generic points i mentioned here.

Regards,
    Dave

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.