Farming Theme breaks site title

Home Forums All Other Themes Farming Theme breaks site title

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    YvesYves
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 3
    • Total: 4

Hi,
    I have been a customer of SKTThemes for many years and yesterday I bought the Farming theme.

So far all is good except with the customization of the WordPress Site Title which breaks into separate font weights when the title is composed of multiple words.

I am thinking this is intentional on your part as I do see the possibility to give two different colors to the Site Title via the customizer. However it is not explained anywhere in your demo or the doc that you would force different font weights on different part of the site title.

Think about it, you are showing a demo theme with the fictive company name “FARMING” (composed of one word) and after I buy it my own company name “Au Vieux Magasin” is half in bold (Au Vieux) and the rest is not (Magasin). It breaks the company name in two. This is not for a client by the way, this is for my own little business.

Is there any way you can assist me in preventing the customizer to give the WordPress site title different font weights if there are more than two words? The way it is shown it gives less importance to the word Magasin and this is not good.

Many thanks in advance for your assistance and the awesome themes you provide,
    Wishing you a good day
    Yves Jalbert

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30575
    • Total: 30575

Hi,

Kindly show us your website URL?

Regards,
    Brad

YvesYves
    Participant

Of course, my apologies, it should have been essential information to submit. I did not think it was relevant as this can be reproduced in any WP installation in less than a minute (sorry again).

URL1 – http://dev.auvieuxmagasin.ca – This is a temporary WP 4.9.9 install with the SKT Farming theme that I purchased. You can see the problem with the site title on the home page. Two words of the title are in bold/strong, the last word in regular text, and it cannot be changed with functionalities in the Customizer (only colors for separate parts of the title).

URL2 – https://auvieuxmagasin.ca – this one is in heavy maintenance and cannot be accessed (plus many store orders and financial users in it). URL1 shows the problem.

My request for assistance is:
    I purchased the Farming theme based on was was presented in the demo: A Site Title with a single typography (ex: bold across all words), and the functionalities presented in the documentation. It did not say anywhere the site title would be presented in a different fashion -if- it contained more than one word. Two separate colors can be applied to the Site title with the Customizer but the typography is enforced (no functionality to correct that).

My question is: Can I prevent this in any way and keep the site title with only one font having the same typography across the title? I tried inserting html space characters between “Au” and “Vieux” and “Magasin and that seemed to work because the theme would no longer put Magasin aside in it’s own span element but that really messed up WPML – it could no longer translate the site title from french to english.

The reason this is causing a problem is because the Site Titles are often used as:
    – a business name
    – a sentence of importance with meaning.

It remains after all the subject or title of the whole site. If the theme forces emphasis on the first portion of the title (strong/bold) and removes it for the end it can, and does, interfere with meaning as much in the name of the business or a sentence with meaning. How can I keep the site title the same across all of it’s words?

Thank you much for take the time to assist me. I try to keep my support requests to a minimum. Actually this is the first in two years 🙂

Yves

Hi,

Kindly go to Appearance >> Customize >> Basic >> Custom CSS and paste below code there:

.logo h1 a span,
    .logo h2 a span {
        font-weight: 600;
    }

Regards,
    Brad

YvesYves
    Participant

Oh boy, this is so simple it’s almost embarrassing! Thank you, it worked perfectly. I didn’t put it in the Custom CSS portion of the Customizer but in the styling sheet of a child theme I linked to the parent farming theme. Your answer was perfect considering my absolutely novice question, but the child theme will work better in the long term. Now I have to spend much needed time on improving my knowledge of css, php and wordpress so I don’t ask such questions again.

On an unrelated subject you might be interested to know that your themes work beautifully with WPML users. The easiest (and quickest way) for novice users like me to translate fields in the Appearance Customizer is to use the WMPL shortcodes and the WMPL string translation. I just register new strings as I go in each field (example below) and then translate them in WPML string translation.

Reference: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-coding-api/shortcodes/

Anyways, many thanks, love your themes and will continue to refer people to your site!

Regards,
    Yves

Hi Yves,

If you found our service good kindly review us here: https://www.sktthemes.org/forums/topic/reviews-and-testimonials/page/20/

Regards,
    Brad

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.