Experiencing a few issues

Home Forums Gym Master Theme Support Experiencing a few issues

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Philip FitzgibbonsPhilip Fitzgibbons
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 4
    • Total: 6

Hi There,

Hoping you can help with a few queries,this is my website: http://madabouthealth.co.uk/ and I am using the gym pro theme

The issues I am having are:

1 – The background images I have in the main body of the website don’t appear to be responsive when I check my website on my phone and tablet. The slider images are responsive, it’s just the background ones on the homepage I am having an issue with.

2 – On my About page I am trying to embed a video I have hosted on youtube, however if I enter the embed code from Youtube as a video link it doesn’t show the video, and if I enter the URL link it does show the video but only in a very small box. I would like it to appear as your video box does, but I would like to host my videos on YouTube (as I anticipate there will be a few!)

3 – I can’t seem to link my social accounts from the footer of the website. Can you let me know what I should be inserting in the shortcode next to the social media bits in the customize footer section.

Thanks so much in advance.

Phil

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30586
    • Total: 30586

Hi,

1 – The background images I have in the main body of the website don’t appear to be responsive when I check my website on my phone and tablet. The slider images are responsive, it’s just the background ones on the homepage I am having an issue with.

Ans: Can you send us the screenshot of your issues? Upload your screenshot on http://imgur.com/ and paste the share url here.

2 – On my About page I am trying to embed a video I have hosted on youtube, however if I enter the embed code from Youtube as a video link it doesn’t show the video, and if I enter the URL link it does show the video but only in a very small box. I would like it to appear as your video box does, but I would like to host my videos on YouTube (as I anticipate there will be a few!)

Ans: We checked, video is already appearing.

Regards,
    Dave

Hi,

3 – I can’t seem to link my social accounts from the footer of the website. Can you let me know what I should be inserting in the shortcode next to the social media bits in the customize footer section.

Ans: Kindly put your social media link like this:

Example:

[social_area]
        [social icon="facebook" link="https://www.facebook.com/"]
    [/social_area]

Regards,
    Dave

Participant

Hi,

1 – Please see the requested screenshots at the following link https://imgur.com/gallery/oPjcJvF I have put a screenshot of the same sections of my home page on desktop and mobile side by side so you can see the difference in appearance. As you can see the background images are not responsive and as such are not a useful image on the mobile format.

2 – The video you are seeing on the about page is your sample video that appears when you create the block on the page. I have now added my video to that page using the youtube embed code and using url function so you can see what happens in both situations. I want the video to appear like your sample video does but at this point I don’t know how to achieve this.

3 – Unfortunately the code you have provided is how I initially linked my social pages and when clicked it brings up the 404 page on my website. I have reinstated the link as advised could you please let me know what I am missing.

Thanks

Participant

Hi,

Sorry just a follow up, I have re-tried the social media links and that is now working so it’s just these:

1 – Please see the requested screenshots at the following link https://imgur.com/gallery/oPjcJvF I have put a screenshot of the same sections of my home page on desktop and mobile side by side so you can see the difference in appearance. As you can see the background images are not responsive and as such are not a useful image on the mobile format.

2 – The video you are seeing on the about page is your sample video that appears when you create the block on the page. I have now added my video to that page using the youtube embed code and using url function so you can see what happens in both situations. I want the video to appear like your sample video does but at this point I don’t know how to achieve this.

Hi,

Kindly send us your URL of the site and WordPress admin details (Username & Password) via email:[email protected] Please mention this forum URL while replying so that we understand what needs to be done.

We’ll check and revert back to you.

Regards,
    Dave

Participant

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately I can’t see any changes to either of my issues.

1) The background imagery used on the home page sections (front page) is still not responsive (when i view the page on my mobile device the background pictures for each section are unrecognisable to the originals.

2) About page the video is still not showing and the video window is still incredibly small (it does not look like the sample section that is present when you add the video block)

Not sure what has been changed at all am sorry to say.

Phil

Hi,

1) The background imagery used on the home page sections (front page) is still not responsive (when i view the page on my mobile device the background pictures for each section are unrecognisable to the originals.

Ans: Kindly go to Appearance >> Customize >> Basic >> Scroll down to find Custom CSS and paste there:

@media screen and (max-width:479px) {
    .skt-builder-block-wrapper.skt-builder-home-section7-block.skt-builder-home-section7-block-615, .skt-builder-block-wrapper.skt-builder-home-section2-block.skt-builder-home-section2-block-172 { background-size:220% !important;}
    .skt-builder-block-wrapper.skt-builder-home-section7-block.skt-builder-home-section7-block-304 { background-size:160% !important;}
    }

2) About page the video is still not showing and the video window is still incredibly small (it does not look like the sample section that is present when you add the video block)

Ans: Kindly add video from media gallery.
    See example below:
    http://sktthemesdemo.net/documentation/skt-builder-doc/#background-video

Regards,
    Dave

Participant

Hi,

Thanks for all of your help so far.

1) I have pasted the custom CSS and it looks like there have been some improvements when looking at the mobile device view in the builder however when i actually go to the site on my mobile it is worse than before. Do I need to select background images that are portrait instead of landscape?

2) I’m a bit confused by this, the link you have sent relates to self hosted videos no? The videos I am using are hosted on my YouTube channel so I just want to link my youtube video to this page but have it appear like the sample window. Am i missing something?

Thanks again in advance.

Phil

Hi,

If you want to add youtube video?

Kindly refer our documentation, how to add youtube video.
    http://sktthemesdemo.net/documentation/skt-builder-doc/#embed-video

Regards,
    Dave

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.