Embedded YouTube video – how to prevent other people's content?

Home Forums Gravida Support Embedded YouTube video – how to prevent other people's content?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jtuffilljtuffill
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 6
    • Total: 9

Hiya

I’m in need of assistance, I am aware that YouTube is not longer fully supporting the parameter “rel=0” however I was under the impression by adding this to the end of the URL from YouTube you can at least get people to see your own content.

I am using your SKTbuilder, and added the URL into the content WYSIWYG – however this isn’t working, and your template appears to be stripping this parameter out of the URL.

URL:http://phoenixbeing33.com/

There doesn’t appear to be the option to add the YouTube iframe code either.

Please can you help,

Jane

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30649
    • Total: 30649

Hi,

Kindly send us your URL of the site and WordPress admin details (Username & Password) via email: [email protected] Please mention this forum URL while replying so that we understand what needs to be done.

We’ll check and revert back to you.

Regards,
    Dave

• Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30649
    • Total: 30649

Hi,

The Video Player item doesn’t support the iframe url format so your rel=0 won’t work cause it supports the iframe url only.

Therefore, we recommend you to use a WordPress default editor instead, then add your video under iframe format with the rel=0 again.

Regards,
    Dave

jtuffilljtuffill
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 6
    • Total: 9

Hi Dave,

Thank you for coming back to me, although it is disappointing that the theme doesn’t support the URL parameters as the only addition to the URL is ?rel=0

I am unsure how I would be able to use the default editor when the videos are on pages which uses your SKT Builder. If this is possible, I would appreciate your clarification on how I could do this.

Many thanks

Jane

Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi Jane,

Best way would be to link the video to a page and then have a button on the homepage or wherever you are using the builder to link to that video.

Hope this way it helps.

Also it allows shortcodes so if any plugin video player of youtube does it then you can use its shortcode.

Regards,
    Shri

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.