Create Photo Album / Gallery

Home Forums SKT Full Width Forum Create Photo Album / Gallery

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Stefan Andreas VeitStefan Andreas Veit
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 5
    • Total: 6

Hi,

I got the pro version of this theme specifically to be able to set up galleries / photo albums. Could you provide a clear instruction on how to get a photo album working? The instructions in the documentation section seem to stop at creating a page. No word about how to get images in it etc.

Help is much appreciated.

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi,

Okay step by step instructions for photo gallery:

1. First Go to WordPress admin panel and then Click on Photo Galleryhttp://sktthemesdemo.net/documentation/skt-white-doc/assets/img/portfolio.jpg

And then Click on Add New.

2. Once clicked on Add New Add the title and then just set up a featured image just like shown here: http://sktthemesdemo.net/documentation/skt-white-doc/assets/img/portfolio.jpg

Once done select any category or add any category from the category area in this very page. And click on Update.

3. To add another image again click add new and follow the first 2 steps as given above.

So for every new image title and 1 featured image is to be added and it is to be selected into any category you wish.

Now once this is set up.

Use shortcodes of the gallery anywhere in any page:

Portfolio with Thumbnail: [portfolio-thumbnail cat=”Category Name”]
    Portfolio with Lightbox: [portfolio cat=”Category Name”]

Regards,
    Shri

Participant

Hi,

So I need to “add new” as in add new Gallery for every single picture? In that case, wouldn’t it be much more helpfull to call it “add picture” rather than gallery, as a gallery is usually a collection of picture rather than single ones?

Cheers,

Stefan

Participant

I am also wondering what short code to use for the photo album “start page”, like in your demo here:

http://sktthemes.net/demo/fullwidth/photo-album/

Keymaster

Hi Stefan,

Yes point taken. Will try if possible to change Add New to Add new picture if possible.

For album you have to kindly visit Pages>Edit any page and apply page template of Photo Album to have the album displayed on that page.

Regards,
    Shri

Participant

Hi,

Thank you for your help. I manage to create galleries now. However, if you check my page sveit.at, under photos there are two galleries. “USA” is just fine, but in “Norway” the images from USA also show up. They do have their own category (and only the one).

Also I noticed that when making a “New Photo Album” the category selection is not appearing as it does in the “New Gallery” function.

Thank you again for the help.

Keymaster

Have lowercase while typing the category name. So if this is for USA: Portfolio with Thumbnail: [portfolio-thumbnail cat=”usa”]

This should be for norway: Portfolio with Thumbnail: [portfolio-thumbnail cat=”norway”]

Regards,
    Shri

Participant

I tried that now but still the “Norway” gallery has all the pictures in it.

Does the function call on the slug or the name of the category? Either way, even if with both slug and name on lowercase it won’t change.

Participant

Hi,

Stil waiting for a reply here – the problem is still there even though I followed your instructions. Any other idea?

Keymaster

Hi,

Kindly send us WordPress admin details and url of the site via email: [email protected]

Regards,
    Shri

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.