Child Theme: SKT White Pro

Home Forums SKT Black/White Theme Support Child Theme: SKT White Pro

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tiffany ClementsTiffany Clements
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 28
    • Total: 42

Is there a child theme for SKT White Pro? If not, when will one be created? Also, how often is this theme updated? I purchased it roughly two years ago and to my knowledge, it hasn’t been updated at all.

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30627
    • Total: 30627

Hi,

We will create SKT White Pro child theme and share link with you tomorrow.

Kindly ask for an updated theme via sktthemes.net/contact

Regards,
    Dave

Participant

Hi!

I created this support message nearly two months ago and I am still waiting for the child theme link. I followed the contact instructions but was instead met with these replies. The last reply I received was December 18th. Can someone please help me?

Shri:

Hi,

We do not recommend child themes.

What’s your order number for SKT White pro?

Regards,
    Shri

Me:

Hi, Shri!

What is the reason you do not recommend child themes? I need one for SKT White pro. If someone is designing their website and needs to customize specific PHP files within the theme it prevents changes from being erased once the theme is updated. In my case, it is completely customized.
    My Order #4060 was placed on June 1, 2015, and is currently Completed.

Shri:

That is a 2-year-old order.

Your site is heavily customized so I don’t recommend you to go for an upgrade.

Me:

That is the reason I asked for a child theme because of the customizations. You still haven’t answered my question as to why you don’t recommend them. I have other websites and all the other themes I’m using have child themes… that were provided by the theme author. Well, I paid for this theme regardless of how long ago so if it is outdated version I would prefer to keep it up to date just like any themes I use. I don’t need you guys to upgrade it for me I can do that once you provide what is needed. Every other theme I have gives you the update option right inside of your WordPress admin, but in two years there has not been a single update of SKT White Pro. In having future updates if a child theme is active and the main theme is updated my changes will not be affected.

Participant

Update:

Hi, Guys!

I still didn’t receive additional replies on this thread, but I have found the perfect solution to create a child theme. Child themes are necessary if you wish to customize your theme and do not want to lose those customizations if the theme is updated. If you use WordPress there is a plugin called Child Theme Configurator that I highly recommend. Within the pro version, you have many more options, but the standard version is good too. Plus it is compatible with this theme and can be found here

http://www.childthemeconfigurator.com/child-theme-configurator-pro/

Hi,

Sorry for the delay and inconvenience you have faced, here is the link for child theme: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HAW1cgSyuhRSgHHXQ6OLGWN85PboQURX

Regards,
    Dave

Participant

Hi!

I checked out the link for the child theme you created and it appears that all of the other templates are missing. This child theme seems to have only a functions file and style sheet. Is there any way I can get a child theme that is an exact replica of the parent theme? In other words, one that contains every file that is in The parent theme.

Hi,

Kindly download it from this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/129QE33Gj5F4ybLnLYisWZdCcLvIfRz7u/view?usp=sharing

Regards,
    Dave

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.