BUSINESS CONSULTING — Alt Text for Images / SKT Builder

Home Forums All Other Themes BUSINESS CONSULTING — Alt Text for Images / SKT Builder

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Casara ClarkCasara Clark
    Participant
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 49
    • Total: 81

I am over here at this page: https://www.ramolawpc.com/refresh/

The company wants its site to be ADA compliant.

One error that keeps coming up is that the OUR SERVICES icons do not have alt text. Now, I did make sure that all the images in the image library have alt text entered. I’m guessing that SKT Builder is simply not pulling the alt text into the code.

How can I get it to pull in the alt text?

Thank you!
    Casara

FYI, this is the message from the ADA checker and it pops up in association with every image/icon on the homepage (even though, as I said, I entered alt text for every image in the media library):

Image found inside an anchor tag without alternate text. When an image is used as the body of a link but does not include alternate text there is nothing for the screen reader to read. Images used inside a link should include alternate text clearly identifing the function of the image unless including the alternate text would create redundancy (e.g. when text is also included in an image caption or as text inside the body of a link). Use the edit image option to add alt text to the image. WCAG 2.1 (Level A) - 1.1.1

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30588
    • Total: 30588

Hi,

Unfortunately, this is not possible from SKT Builder.

Regards,
    Dave

Casara ClarkCasara Clark
    Participant

Okay, thank you.

I would be happy to try to add the alt descriptions manually through the code code. I would just need to know where to look in the files to be able to do so. Is it possible to let me know the file path if I’m in the host’s file manager or the ftp files?

Thank you,
    Casara

Hi,

Kindly use this plugin to add alternate text.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/auto-image-alt/

Regards,
    Dave

Casara ClarkCasara Clark
    Participant

Thank you for the suggestion. I am looking into it. Though I’m concerned about the auto-generation of alt attributes (since duplicate information flags the ADA compliance check as much as missing information). [I just posted a new topic that concerns this…]

I guess there’s no way to just go into file manager and add the code manually?

Thank you for trying.

Casara

Hi,

If you manually add alt text, then the same alt text will appear on the image of all services.

Regards,
    Dave

Casara ClarkCasara Clark
    Participant

Do you mean through the media library?

I did manually add alt text to every image in the media library, yet, when I view source code on the page, no alt text appears in the a href tags.

I imagine that if I was able to edit the code directly (if that’s what you meant by manually) then yes, the alt text would appear… but I’d need to figure out what pages specifically to edit to manage that.

Hi,

Through the code.

Regards,
    Dave

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.