Bought Christmas Theme, scrolling seems accelerated?

Home Forums All Other Themes Bought Christmas Theme, scrolling seems accelerated?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Darren CarnallDarren Carnall
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 5
    • Total: 7

Hi there! I’ve just bought the Christmas theme from you and am in the process of building my site with it. For some reason though the up and down scrolling seems to be sped up. Almost like it’s accelerated from whatever ‘standard’ scroll speed is. I’ve never experienced this on any of the sites I’ve built in the past nor any other sites I’ve visited on the internet, and this is the very first time I’ve bought somebody else’s paid theme so it must be something within. However I’ve no idea what it could be as I’m not that experienced.

I went through your support threads but couldn’t find anything useful, just one person with the same problem but there was no solution given.

I’d appreciate any help you can give on this. It feels very unnatural scrolling and like you have to deliberately scroll slower than normal to not have everything flying up off the screen. (I went through some of your demo pages on your other these and they seem to do it as well, although your actual website scrolls as normal speed.

Thanks for your help!

Darren

PS – there doesn’t seem to be a forum for the Christmas theme!

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30649
    • Total: 30649

Hi,

Kindly show us your website URL please?

Regards,
    Chris

Participant

Hi thanks for getting back to me! Here’s a preview link while I’m working on the site (shows under construction to everyone else)

https://northpolegreetings.com/?ucp-access=59dffdc2

The page scrolls about twice as fast as all other sites, and it seems a lot of your themes do the same – haven’t check them all)

Thanks for your help!

Darren

Hi,

I can’t understand a thing what you are saying.

Can you send us the screenshot or video of your issues?

Regards,
    Chris

Participant

Here’s a link to a YouTube vid I just did for you. Recorded my screen. You’ll see first I’m scrolling on your own website. You can see how fast and far each scroll that I do on my trackpad does. This is the same as all websites everywhere on the internet.

Second you’ll see the theme that I’ve bought from you and it seems to have some kind of scroll speed adjustment built in because for the exact same scrolls on my trackpad, it moves two or three times further on the page, and much faster. With one scroll you can be down at the bottom of the page if you’re not careful.

I did demos of a few of your templates and they all seem to be the same, and someone else had mentioned it in your support forum.

If you’re still unable to understand what I’m saying after this then I don’t know how to explain it to you.

https://youtu.be/YL96YbqQrNE

Hi,

Kindly go to theme folder >> assets >> js >> complete.js >> go to line number 91 and replace to given code ????

jQuery(this).scrollTop() > 800 ? jQuery(".to_top").fadeIn("fast") : jQuery(".to_top").fadeOut("fast")

Hope this help you.
    Regards,
    Chris

Participant

I’ll be honest I’m not sure if that made any difference. I’ve just tried my site on Firefox and it seemed to be scrolling normally, however on Chrome it’s 2 or 3 times faster than every other site out there, and it’s the only one that does it for me. I’m completely lost. If it was a Chrome issue, I’d expect it to be the same on other sites beyond your themes. But it’s not 🙁

I appreciate you trying to help me with this. Hopefully one day we can find what’s causing this.

Darren

Hi,

Kindly send us your URL of the site and WordPress admin details (Username & Password) via email:[email protected] Please mention this forum URL while replying so that we understand what needs to be done.

We’ll check and revert back to you.

Regards,
    Chris

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.