backup/restore theme options

Home Forums All Other Themes backup/restore theme options

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    HansHans
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 70
    • Total: 96

Hello,

after put in a lot of work in a theme it useful to be able to make a quick backup of the theme settings.
    Many themes have this functionality built-in, but for SKT themes looks like it don’t

Do you think about to build in this option. Or what alternative do you reccomment?

Best regards
    Hans

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi Hans,

It doesn’t have any backup option but you can use updraft plus and other similar plugins to take backup of your site.

Or else one needs to ensure they copy the wp-options table as well while moving their site or use duplicator plugin to do the same.

Regards,
    Shri

HansHans
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 70
    • Total: 96

Hello Shri,

thank you for your suggestion of updraft plus.

As far as I understood updraft plus it is a complete backup including database and everything.
    What I have meant was to backup onle the theme options. So you can restore different theme options at the moment you might need it.

In the past I have used different themes from other creators like Cryout Creation. They all have such option on board.
    I would like to continue with SKT because of your designs. But back-up is essential.

Thank you
    Hans

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Will think about it as of now there isn’t any backup solution for only theme in our templates.

Will try to add one in coming months.

Regards,
    Shri

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘backup/restore theme options’ is closed to new replies.