Adding photos to photo gallery

Home Forums Photo World/Photo Session Support Adding photos to photo gallery

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Marko ŠolićMarko Šolić
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 2
    • Total: 3

Hi, I’m sorry for the beginner question – but how do I add photos to the gallery in Photo World Pro theme?

When I try to edit the gallery this is what I see:
    http://i.imgur.com/sSNt3Hk.png

I can use the category and the shortlink to post the gallery to a page – but there is just the featured photo in it. How do I add other photos?

I’ve tried disabling all the plugins I’m using, didn’t help.

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi,

Here is what you need to do:

Go to Pages >> Add New Page >> Write the title of this page>> Select Page Template Gallery

And click Save. So now this page would show up the gallery.

Here are the shortcodes which you need to write in the description area of this page:

[portfolio-slider] : This shortcode will display all the images with 1/3 size with slide mode.
    [portfolio-thumbnail] : This shortcode will display all the images in full size with thumbnails.

Anyone whichever you like.

Now for adding images to the gallery as you showed its perfectly fine. You can write title of the image and upload a featured image. So keep on adding as many gallery posts with title and featured image you want and they will appear in the gallery.

So in your image http://i.imgur.com/sSNt3Hk.png answer is: Click on Add new from the top and add another title and featured image.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Shri

Marko ŠolićMarko Šolić

Thank you for the reply. So if I understood you correctly, there is no option of bulk upload? If I want to have one slider with 100 images, I have to manually add 100 new galleries with 100 new featured images, and the only thing linking them into the same slider will be a category?

Also, is there a possibility of changing the ratio of the image width and height in the slider? The widescreen that is default is not commonly used, I think 3:2 would be much better suited for most situations.

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi,

Unfortunately bulk upload may create more problems with other plugin compatibility and hence we didn’t add. We will check for this and create something which will suit for sure in future.

Can you show the page where you want the 3:2 dimensions of image? We can instruct accordingly.

Regards,
    Shri

Marko ŠolićMarko Šolić

Hi,

this is the page:
    http://markosolic.com/portfolio/prava-sapa-2015/

For now I’ve used a third-party plug-in slider.

Cheers,

Marko

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.