Wordpress 5 Updates

Home Forums All Other Themes Wordpress 5 Updates

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    SaqibSaqib
    Participant
    • Topics: 33
    • Replies: 103
    • Total: 136

Hi,
    I got an email from you “Important Theme Updates from SKT Themes”, as mentioned in your email that you have made changes to all of your themes to be compatible with wordpress 5.0, my question is how these changes will effect to my client websites when they will be updated to wordpress 5.0?

Regards,
    Saqib

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi,

Sorry for the same.

Kindly go to WordPress admin>activate some other theme and then upload and activate the new theme.

Now why would you do this update and why not?

1. You can ignore this update if you don’t plan to use Gutenberg now or in future (the new editor built by WordPress).
    2. WordPress 5.0 will have gutenberg as default but the classic tiny mce editor which we have now will also be an option to apply.

As of now nothing major but since the editor will change in near future say 4-5 months from now we thought of updating all of our themes to be better prepared for them.

Regards,
    Shri

SaqibSaqib
    Participant

Hi,

“Kindly go to WordPress admin>activate some other theme and then upload and activate the new theme.”

what do you mean by the above sentence? what i understood that for example i have installed the food theme on a client website year ago, now i have to activate some other theme and then upload (by downloading the same food theme from my account) and activate the food theme?

if this is the case so what will happen with all the settings and content etc. with the website?

Regards,
    Saqib

Keymaster

Hi Saqib,

Nothing happens to the settings and content. However still for being safe take a backup of database and files before doing this.

Regards,
    Shri

SaqibSaqib
    Participant

Thanks for your reply,

So from now if i download any theme from my account then it is already updated and ready for the wordpress 5.0?

Regards,
    Saqib

Keymaster

Yes correct.

Regards,
    Shri

SaqibSaqib
    Participant

last thing Shiri, why do not SKTthemes launch a procedure of auto update the themes by clicking of a button like other themes do? i think it would help a lot.

Courtney ClineCourtney Cline
    Participant
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 62
    • Total: 94

Thank you for being proactive with your theme updates and communicating the changes. I greatly appreciate it!

• Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30586
    • Total: 30586

🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.