Wordpress 5.0 And SKT Theme update

Home Forums All Other Themes Wordpress 5.0 And SKT Theme update

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ElizabethElizabeth
    Participant
    • Topics: 22
    • Replies: 27
    • Total: 49

Hi,
    Can you issue some instructions on EXACTLY what has to be done to update a theme? Do I WAIT until the 5.0 update of WP first or do I have to update the theme BEFORE WP 5.0?

HOW do I update the theme? I can’t install it because I get an error saying “Destination folder already exists ….”

Honestly, this is not a good piece of comms. Just a bit of direction would be nice!

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi,

Sorry for the same.

Kindly go to WordPress admin>activate some other theme and then upload and activate the new theme.

Now why would you do this update and why not?

1. You can ignore this update if you don’t plan to use Gutenberg now or in future (the new editor built by WordPress).
    2. WordPress 5.0 will have gutenberg as default but the classic tiny mce editor which we have now will also be an option to apply.

As of now nothing major but since the editor will change in near future say 4-5 months from now we thought of updating all of our themes to be better prepared for them.

Regards,
    Shri

ElizabethElizabeth
    Participant

Will I lose any information by moving from one theme to another and back again?

And perhaps you could send a comms out WITH the instructions please – I am sure I am not the only one?

ElizabethElizabeth
    Participant

Hi,
    I have not heard back regarding loss of information. My previous experience has been that when I activate a different theme, there is not always a place for the content in the newly activated theme (it is not a one-for-one translation). Apologies but I am not sure how to express this correctly.

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi,

Kindly go through this conversation with similar customer like yours i have tried to answer in very detailed way here: https://www.sktthemes.org/forums/topic/wordpress-5-updates/

Hope this explains everything to you.

Regards,
    Shri

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.