SLOW SCROLLING using Design Agency Theme

Home Forums All Other Themes SLOW SCROLLING using Design Agency Theme

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    RachelRachel
    Participant
    • Topics: 43
    • Replies: 108
    • Total: 151

Hi, since I started working with your Design Agency Theme a few days ago, I have noticed the scroll in very slow, both in Elementor edit and when viewing the site.

https://www.thenestsouthwark.org.uk/

I’ve not experienced this with Elementor before or any of your themes. I don’t have any large images or a large number of plug-ins. What could this be?

I am using some custom CSS – but I don’t imagine this could be it. Can you please investigate for me. As I need to share the site with clients early next week.

Many thanks,

Rachel

RachelRachel
    Participant

I know you’re busy, but a response on this today would be much appreciated. As an update, I just installed a smooth scroller plugin to see if this would solve it, but it didn’t affect the scroll.

Thanks

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30655
    • Total: 30655

Hi,

Sorry, but i can’t understand a thing what you are saying.

Regards,
    Dave

RachelRachel
    Participant

Hi, the problem is, that the scrolling of the home page is very very slow, both when working in Elementor edit and when viewing the site generally:

https://www.thenestsouthwark.org.uk/

I’ve not experienced this with Elementor before or any of your themes. I don’t have any large images or a large number of plug-ins. What could this be?

I can share with you the login if you need to look further.

Thanks

• Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30655
    • Total: 30655

Hi,

We checked your site on Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Safari in Mac as well as Windows Desktop and laptops and found the scroll normal as it should be.

Not sure how and under which circumstances are you getting a slow scrolling.

It can be due to old browser or an extension of a browser playing problems on your PC.

Will ask you to check it on some other browser to verify or else video with your exact PC configuration would be needed and browser and screen resolution because it is a typical case.

Again we do not work during weekends so we will be able to revert only Monday.

Regards,
    Dave

RachelRachel
    Participant

hi, thanks for checking the site.

I seem to have improved the issue by installing a smooth scroll plugin. I have checked on a few other devices & browsers and some appear fine (Safari), but my Chrome browser is still slow & jerky, like it’s catching up with itself.

I ran it through this tool and it only got a score of 46 out of 100 for page load speed:
    https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thenestsouthwark.org.uk%2F

Any further advice would be great, although I’ll assume it’s something odd happening with my browser. thanks again.

Rachel

RachelRachel
    Participant

Hi, Can you please check the site again using CHROME.

It appears to be an issue with the Chrome browser only. I have tried it on Chrome on different machines and the problem is the same.

Please see the scroll problem on this recording: https://vimeo.com/411792383

Please do get back to me early next week if you can, as I need to launch the site on 4th May & need to resolve this before then.

Thanks

Rachel

RachelRachel
    Participant

Also, I’ve removed all Chrome extensions & have the most recent version of Chrome, with no updates pending. This is also not happening in Chrome on any other websites.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you on Monday.

Best, wishes

RachelRachel
    Participant

hi guys, Just to let you know that I think that I’ve resolved this issue. I uninstalled all plugins and started installing again 1 by 1. One of them must have been causing the scroll problem.

Thanks

Rachel

Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi Rachel,

Please let us know which plugin caused the issue so we will know and so will our other customers.

Regards,
    Shri

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.