Photos are rotated when viewed on mobile devices

Home Forums All Other Themes Photos are rotated when viewed on mobile devices

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Laurie HavasLaurie Havas
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 5
    • Total: 6

I’ve left messages without response after an initial response from Shri about an issue on my site. It’s very important to try and manage this problem as I am having a show and want to introduce my website at the show as well as ask clients to visit my site to make orders. The problem is that some of the downloaded photos from my MacBook appear rotated on mobile devices such as iPad and iPhones. On the website as viewed on the Mac, all appears normal. This is a fatal problem for me since my product is largely art and orientation is crucial. I invite you to go to the page labeled “portfolio” and see for yourself some of the samples of rotation. Please respond with suggestions at your earliest convenience.
    With respect,
    Laurie Havas

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi Laurie,

You can explain the issue here and we will try to resolve it as we get around 400+ emails daily but on support forum we are coders all here trying to resolve issues.

Regards,
    Brad

Laurie HavasLaurie Havas

I am using the Girlie Theme which seems ideal for my largely photo advertising of custom made hats. Unfortunately, I’m having a significant problem with rotated views. Photos in the correct orientation loaded from my MacBook appear on the webpage correctly, but when viewed on mobile devices like iPads and iPhones are rotated. How can I keep photos from rotating when viewed in mobile device formatting?

• Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30649
    • Total: 30649

Hi Laurie,

Kindly show us your website URL so that we can check.

Regards,
    Brad

Laurie HavasLaurie Havas

www.hatsbyhavas.com Thank you for looking into this Brad
    Regards,
    Laure

Hi Laure,

Can you please send us the screenshots?

Regards,
    Brad

Hi Laure,

Can you please send us the screenshots?

Regards,
    Brad

Laurie HavasLaurie Havas

Hello Brad,
    I wasn’t able to follow this thread on my iPhone and I couldn’t get to the desktop until now I was at a dry run of my hat booth. I felt bad that I had to explain my guests that when they go to my website that several of the photos would appear rotated. I’m hopeful that you can help resolve this problem. I took screen shots of just three samples (there are MANY others) with my iPhone and will try to attach them here although I don’t see an attach tab.
    regards,
    Laurie Havas
    /Users/lauriehavas/Desktop/IMG_0270.jpg
    /Users/lauriehavas/Desktop/IMG_0269 (1).jpg
    /Users/lauriehavas/Desktop/IMG_0268.jpg
    I hope these work

Keymaster

Images aren’t attached here kindly use service like imgur.com for the same.

Regards,
    Brad

Laurie HavasLaurie Havas

I’m Frustrated by my lack of understanding regarding your comment. I downloaded the app you suggested but don’t see how this applies to the template of your theme rotating the unrotated pictures from my Mac. If you would just use your own mobile device – smart phone or tablet to view my website you’d be able to see the problem I’m having without my try to attach screen shots to this forum. Please do this by clicking www.hatsbyhavas.com and viewing any of the pages.
    Thank you,
    Laurie Havas

Keymaster

Hi Laurie,

Just believe us we checked on client mobile phones, android phones, Nexus 7 tablet, iPad air, iPhone 6, and 6s and we could not find such orientation of the images that you show to us.

If you feel that they get oriented you may change the plugin.

Regards,
    Shri

Laurie HavasLaurie Havas

Sorry to take so long getting back to this. I’ve been out of town quite a bit…to recap:

Your last comment was:
    Hi Laurie,

Just believe us we checked on client mobile phones, android phones, Nexus 7 tablet, iPad air, iPhone 6, and 6s and we could not find such orientation of the images that you show to us.

If you feel that they get oriented you may change the plugin.

Regards,
    Shri

This statement about the plugin is poorly worded and it’s hard to know what you mean. It is possible that a plugin you I’m using on the site is causing a conflict, I could try disabling all plugins to see if that makes a difference. But it sounds like you are suggesting something different. The rotation of my photos happens on iOS 9 on iPad and iPhone and has been verified on numerous different iPhones and iPads, as well as the desktop computers at my place of work and can’t understand how you could possibly not see the same problem. Can you elaborate on what you mean by ‘change the plugin’???
    Your attention is appreciated.
    Regards,
    Laurie

Keymaster

Hi Laurie,

What i meant was that the default plugin for showcasing photos of your products which we have provided with the theme might not be working fine for you. So was suggesting you to use some other plugin which would be suitable for your website and doesn’t cause this problem.

Regards,
    Shri

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.