!important Tags

Home Forums SKT Black/White Theme Support !important Tags

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kaushal SinhaKaushal Sinha
    • Topics: 13
    • Replies: 29
    • Total: 42

I have received several complains from various developers of plugins that my theme (SKT White Pro) has too many !important tags in CSS which is causing problems for plugins to work properly. They mentioned that the theme developers should ease up on !important CSS tags which will make it more compatible with various plugins.

The reason I am saying this is, there are several plugins highly rated and installed but stops short on my theme. When I discuss the issues with plugin developers, they say it is your main theme that is causing the problem especially with !important CSS tags.

So how are we going to fix this issue? I wouldn’t have minded if just a plugin developers raised this concerns. It’s many different plugins developers who has concluded the same.

Please provide a solution.

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Not sure which plugin you want to use and again not sure how you can generalize this when you can see nowhere on SKT White support forum has anyone before written that our theme is hampering a plugin work.

Regards,
    Shri

Kaushal SinhaKaushal Sinha
    • Topics: 13
    • Replies: 29
    • Total: 42

Here are couple messages from developers of plugins. I hope this helps you see my frustration

——————————————————————————–
    Hi Kaushal,

It looks like the issue here is your theme – its applying a bunch of CSS to all blockquote elements. In this case, there’s a background image (extra quote on the left) and some padding that’s being applied to all blockquotes, including your testimonials.

If you add this CSS code, it should fix the issue:

blockquote.easy_testimonial {
    background-image: none !important;
    padding: 0 !important;
    }

Usually Easy Testimonials would be able to override these styles, but unfortunately the theme author has added !important to some of the lines which keeps our CSS (and any others) from being applied. If you are the author of the theme, you may want to remove the !important tags – this will make your theme play more nicely with other plugins.

————————————————————————————

Permalink:
    https://formidablepro.com/help-desk/form-styling-for-various-forms/#comment-298610

This looks like an issue with your theme. This css is the problem:
    #sitefull {
    width: auto !important;
    }

———————————————————————————

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.