Homepage Blog Categories

Home Forums All Other Themes Homepage Blog Categories

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    JohnJohn
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 10
    • Total: 15

On the demo site of SKT Girlie Lite, to the right of the blog posts is a list of categories. How do I add that to a site running the SKT Girlie Pro theme? In the blog post section of the homepage I would like to have 2 of the latest blog posts as well as a list for the various blog categories. So far I have only found the supplied shortcodes which don’t really do what I’m looking for. Thanks in advance!!

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi John,

Kindly go to appearance>widgets and drag and drop categories widget into the blog sidebar.

There are other standard WordPress widgets available there which you can make use of.

Regards,
    Shri

JohnJohn

Yes I have already done that for the actual blog posts. If you go to the preview of the SKT Girlie Lite Theme, under the LATESTS POSTS section on the main page it shows boxes for “Search, Recent Posts, Recent Comments, Archives, etc”. How do I add that to my own HOME page?

JohnJohn

Update: I have figured out how to add a search bar using the shortcode provided. Still working on the others (categories, archives, etc.)

JohnJohn

Resolved thanks to a nifty shortcode plugin. Thanks Shri!!

• Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30657
    • Total: 30657

Great.

Regards,
    Shri

JohnJohn

Ok now I’m changing my mind again… The temporary domain is http://4cf.460.myftpupload.com/ and I’m looking to make the right side of the homepage blog section look like the one in your demo screenshot found here: https://www.sktthemes.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/girlie-lite-screen1.jpg

It looks much more professional than what I have setup now and I’d like to replicate that on the site we have with a search bar and categories for blog posts. Thanks again Shri! Sorry for the back-and-forth.

Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi John,

Change of domain is out of theme support. So kindly ask either hosting or else hire a WordPress developer who will get this task done for you.

Regards,
    Shri

JohnJohn

Shri,

I’m not asking you to help me change the domain. I was simply trying to demonstrate the difference between what I have and what I would like to have. Changing the domain has nothing to do with this.

If you’ll reference the two links I posted above you will see that on our homepage, there is a generic shortcode for blog post categories. It’s very dull and uncreative. The second link (the .jpg image) will show you what I am hoping to have instead, which is much more elegant and uniform with the rest of the site. If you could guide me on how to get from our current setup to the .jpg image it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30657
    • Total: 30657

Hi John,

Kindly send us your URL of the site and WordPress admin details via sktthemes.net/contact

Please mention this forum URL while replying so that we understand what needs to be done.

Regards,
    Brad

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.