Excessively large thumbnails

Home Forums All Other Themes Excessively large thumbnails

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Devin CappsDevin Capps
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 9
    • Total: 16

SKT Construction Pro comes with a home page gallery. That gallery loads original images as thumbnails, which are too big and slow down page load. For example, in the gallery section on the home page, the images display at like 300×200, yet the theme calls the full-sized images to fill these spots (in my case, the images are HUGE: 3000×2000). So basically, the site is serving 12 massive images in spaces where their medium or even small thumbs will do, and it slows the page down.

I had previously queried this topic here: https://www.sktthemes.org/forums/topic/construction-theme-yuge-images-vs-thumbnails/#post-35831

But response is not what I am looking for: “Simple solution to this is when you set up an image as a featured image you are given option of size i.e. large, small, thumbnail or medium. Kindly select medium size to solve this problem.”

The problem with the simple solution is this: Let’s say I resize images down to 300×200 for example… That will work to speed up the page load, but when a user clicks on those 350px wide gallery images, they only get a 300×200 lightbox image that comes up.

The ideal solution, for me, would be to modify the script in a child theme so that the gallery displays the medium thumbnails, but links to the original, larger image. If you could direct me to where the gallery script calls the images for home page display and I can change the img src to medium and the href link to the larger image.

Which theme files would I find that script in?

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30633
    • Total: 30633

Hi Devin,

You can use other gallery plugins like Nextgen gallery. Our default gallery doesn’t have such possibility.

Regards,
    Dave

Devin CappsDevin Capps

We can’t make the gallery pull smaller thumbnails and then href them to original image? Really?

Devin CappsDevin Capps

Really?

Hi Devin,

Kindly send us your URL of the site and WordPress admin details via sktthemes.net/contact

Please mention this forum URL while replying so that we understand what needs to be done.

Regards,
    Dave

Devin CappsDevin Capps

Dave,
    Thanks for the reply. Credentials sent.

Hi Devin,

Kindly send us FTP details via sktthemes.net/contact

Regards,
    Dave

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.