Customization Questions

Home Forums All Other Themes Customization Questions

• This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by marymary.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    marymary
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 7
    • Total: 9

Hello,

I am using Build Pro Theme, and I have a few questions. Please excuse my ignorance, I’m fairly new to WordPress but very excited by all it can do, and thrilled with how my site is shaping up. This template is not really designed for the purpose I’m using it for but it’s the best one I’ve seen in terms of the look I’m going for.

I am looking for a way to add a color bar behind text, similar to the way it looks when the title is printed onto the header bar of the page, or when the titles scroll out across the header slider pictures. Also, is there a way to have more control of what color appears where? I see how to select a batch of colors, but it seems to be trial and error as far as which one ends up where.

Next question pertains to menus. I understand the theme allows for only one menu, and that the way to add additional menus is by using the widgets. However, I am not using any sidebars or footers and don’t wish to. Is there no way to add an additional menu in the top bar below the first menu, and to place that second menu only on certain pages, or to add another menu in the text that is horizontal rather than vertical? I plan to use rather detailed submenus. For example, when you go to the “shop” page, it includes everything that’s for sale. Ideally, I’d have a menu at the top listing each category, with a pull down of subcategories for each, that doesn’t appear on the home page because it doesn’t really need to.

Third question, I love the look of the Homeslider but am not at all crazy about the regular sliders. Any way to use something that looks like the homeslider on other pages, or to use more than one different homeslider?

I have 2 questions about the “team” carousel. I tried to set it up to loop, but no matter how I change the code it just stops. I’d really like it to loop because otherwise the placement of its stop is awkward. I’ve added music on that page so it would be nice if it continued to circle the way the music does.

The other question is, if I decide not to use the carousel, is there any way to fit 5 people across? If I let it sit stationary, which i think might be better, only 4 people fit across and the 4th person drops below where he’s kind of hidden. When I changed the number of columns to 5, I got a huge, full screen picture of each person.

That’s about it for now. I want to tell you I bought 2 other themes before I found yours and they were complex, awkward, and ultimately not that attractive. I’m loving this one! Thanks!

marymary

I can’t figure out how to delete this but just found the appropriate forum for it so I am moving the question.

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30633
    • Total: 30633

Hi Mary,

Kindly show us your website URL.

Regards,
    Dave

marymary

website is password protected because I don’t want it live yet but it needs to be accessed by a few people.

www.moveit4unow.com (placeholder domain)

when password box comes up, enter CVV*3473.

By the way, just checked out the mobile version, and menu does allow for navigation headers that are not pages there. Logo image is scrunched up, though.

• Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30633
    • Total: 30633

Hi Mary,

Your website is not loading to us neither it ask for password.

Regards,
    Dave

marymary

Hello,

so sorry, it is http://www.moveit4younow.com

I already pretty much answered the “menus” question by finding a plug in that allows for a different menu on each page.

To be more specific on my statement about not having control over where the colors go, it seems the page background color and the page title color are tied together. I’d love to find a way to separate them, so I can choose a different color for text than for the background.

Another thing I’ve encountered, and ecwid, the company i’ve set up my e-commerce with, claims this is a theme issue, is that the little “shopping bag” icon will show up on some pages and not others, and that the page where people check out is labeled with the name of whatever department the item they last bought came from. In other words, instead of saying “checkout” or something, the checkout page will come up as “furniture” if the item being bought is furniture. I’m not sure why that would be a theme thing, but they claim it is. Do you have any ideas have any ideas how to fix this?

marymary

I’d like to add one question. The animation that spins while waiting for the pictures in the slider to load… is it possible at all to hire you to make me the same thing, only utilizing the blocks that are part of my logo? They are vintage toy blocks that spell out the word “vintage” and it would be great to have them spinning instead of the yellow ones in your square. At the very least I would like to change their color but if it’s possible to make one with my blocks I’d love it. Let me know if htis is something you can do. Thanks!

Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi Mary,

Sure we can do this for extra. Kindly connect with us via sktthemes.net/contact and we can give you a quote for the same and work ahead on this one.

Regards,
    Shri

marymary

OK, thanks for that. What about my other questions, though?

Also, the menu issue continues to get stranger, as only random menu categories work on the mobile version. Others, not at all.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.