Creating default Featured Image (Restro PAID)

Home Forums All Other Themes Creating default Featured Image (Restro PAID)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    AngelaAngela
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 5
    • Total: 7

I need to either eliminate the mandatory Featured Image for blog posts on the Restro Theme or at least make an automatic default image. Employees do the posts and they can’t be relied upon to insert a featured image, thus leaving the front page with a huge ugly black box next to the post.

WE DON’T WANT THE IMAGE TO BE MANDATORY – OR WE WANT A DEFAULT IMAGE.

Neither of which I can figure out how to do. I’ve tried CSS, I’ve tried OGP plugins, to no avail.

Please advise.
    Angela

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi Angela,

Alright got it. Kindly show us the page (i think on homepage) you don’t need the blog posts featured image right?

Show us your website URL and we can give you simple CSS instructions to remove the featured image of blog post.

Hope this is fine.

Regards,
    Shri

AngelaAngela

The site is taqueriaelvecino.com

I sent an email with specifics. Here are the issues:

The site is taqueriaelvecino.com.

The main issues I want fixed are:

– I need to replace the default image (big ugly black box) for blog posts or a way to turn off mandatory Featured Image. I am FINE with a default background image, but I could not find the CSS or any code pointing to the ugly black box you are currently using. Tell me what that default image is called and where it is located and I can change it out myself.

– If a user selects Stick Post to Top when publishing, the post will not show up at all. Not only is this a malfunction, we often use Stickies to keep a post at the top of the blog for schedule changes, etc. This function should work, it is a standard wordpress function. I saw the CSS for styling stickies, but it’s irrelevant if the post does not show up at all.

– We’d also like to have a different image on each interior page. Appetizer for that page, main dish for Mains, Brunch for brunch, etc. Having only one interior page header is very restrictive.

That is what I need from you. The rest of the theme I just turned off and worked around.

Angela
    Admin
    Taqueria El Vecino
    Atlanta GA USA

AngelaAngela

Soooo. Are you going to help me with your theme or not? You asked me to post here, I posted here. If you are not going to offer any support, that’s fine.

Just tell me that.

You’ve got my $40, so you win either way.

Angela

AngelaAngela

NEVERMIND. Fixed the thumbnail problem myself.

Now, if you’d fix the BUG that makes any post labeled sticky disappear, that would be SWELL.

Keymaster

Hi Angela,

I am sorry but we do not work during weekends. You kept on publishing on our Twitter handle as well as Facebook.

Post label sticky here i am trying to see the website: http://taqueriaelvecino.com/ But it doesn’t open up.

We go by the same name Shri that doesn’t mean we are a small 1 man company.

You can or anyone else can read about us here: http://www.shrikrishnatechnologies.com/aboutus.html

Our team comprises of 20+ people working on client projects plus WordPress themes new launches and giving support to the existing ones.

Regards,
    Shri

Keymaster

Update: I was able to visit your website and see the posts.

I would like to see your blog page and wanted to ask you how you created it?

Did you create a page and then select template blog for the same? Because i am not able to view any page by name Blog or Latest News.

Regards,
    Shri

AngelaAngela

I have no idea what you’re talking about. This is a WordPress blog, therefore, I use it as a wordpress blog. The person posting simply makes a post. You are making this far more complicated than it is.

I’m sorry your internet access is so poor that you can’t load up our site. I can’t do anything about that, I’m afraid. The image that is next to the post on the MAIN PAGE is the image that I had to track down and replace because your theme DEMANDS a featured image. (Which is a BUG, by the way, since it cannot be turned off.) Most of the issues with this theme have to do with configuring the main page.

We also do not like that you can only have ONE header image on ALL interior pages. It would be better if we could have a different image on each interior page or have the slider. This, too, is an inadequacy of the theme. But not critical.

Just look into why making a post Sticky will not work in your theme. If a post is marked Sticky, it will not show up at all.

I’ve worked around the other bugs and/or unworkable areas of this theme. Stickies are the only remaining thing that causes issues.

Thank you.

• Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30643
    • Total: 30643

Hey Angela,

On the other post i did ask for admin details of your site to be sent via email: [email protected]

FOr inner pages kindly set up featured image to change the default header image.

Regards,
    Shri

AngelaAngela

SKT: Yes understood please send us URL of the site and WordPress admin details via email: [email protected] for us to resolve this issue for you.

I’ve given you the URL several times. http://taqueriaelvecino.com

You want to log into my wordpress account? I don’t think so. I can’t allow people I don’t know into my account.

I’ve explained what I need several times. I don’t see how logging into my account and mucking about will be helpful to me.

I don’t think you’re actually reading more than a sentence of the LONG POSTS I’ve given you.

SKT:
    On the other post i did ask for admin details of your site to be sent via email: [email protected]

I’m not willing to let you into my client’s account. You will have to give me the instructions and *I* will do what is needed. I am quite capable of changing CSS or any other code.

SKT: FOr inner pages kindly set up featured image to change the default header image.

That is not helpful. If you would have a look at the site, you would see that I have changed out all YOUR default images for MINE. The issue is that I can only choose ONE IMAGE for ALL interior pages. I would like a different image (OR the slider) on each interior page.

What about the sticky issue? THAT is the one that needs fixing.

You really need to slow down and read the posts I’m making. I’ve told you everything you need to know if you’d take the time to READ THE POST and answer ONE question at a time. It’s odd to me that you have plenty of time to complain to me about MY posts, yet you can’t seem to understand the questions I’ve put to you
    AND you keep asking me for the same info I’ve given you 3-4 times now.

I stand by my assertions that your support is lacking and your theme is badly written. Nothing I’ve seen in the forum or in my inbox has given me any reason to change my mind.

Dozens of posts and emails and still NOT ONE thing has been fixed. NOT ONE. All you want is for me to hand over my client’s website so some random person can get in there and do whatever. And talk, you sure do want to TALK about it. That is not support, that is aggravation.

If you knew the answers, I feel that you would have answered them by now.

Thanks anyway.
    Angela

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.