Charity Theme Pro Slider Description Font

Home Forums All Other Themes Charity Theme Pro Slider Description Font

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Nirvikalpini NithyaNirvikalpini Nithya
    Participant
    • Topics: 19
    • Replies: 50
    • Total: 69

Hi – is there a way to add a black outline to the letters on the description of the slider? Or perhaps some of the available fonts are already like this ( it would take me a long time to go through them all!) I would like my description to stand out properly on my chosen pictures and have been unable to achieve this by changing colour. Also I have tried putting the description in a box but it doesn’t look good and I tried to add the short code for highlighting but although it does add a highlight colour the text doesn’t display properly………Many thanks

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30633
    • Total: 30633

Hi,

Kindly show us your website URL?

Regards,
    Chris

Participant

Hi I am working on it offline using a local host programme so I don’t think it is shareable? I can highlight text okay for one line but if it is more than 1 line it doesn’t work. I would prefer to put a border around the text as this helped make text stand out on a video that I was adding captions to. All I need to know is it possible to put borders / shadows around the text on the slider description so it stands out above the picture? If it is possible but you can only help when it is online I will contact you again when I have it online………. Thanks

okay

Participant

does that mean you can’t help until it is shareable?

Hi,

Okay, Can you send us the screenshot of your issues? Upload your screenshot on imgur.com and paste the share url here.

Regards,
    Chris

Participant

Hi
    https://imgur.com/vLLCHl1 – screen shot 1 shows slider description not easy to read but the heading highlighted in orange is ok
    https://imgur.com/HxKZvnk – screen shot 2 shows highlight does not work for description
    https://imgur.com/a/R008wIa – screen shot 3 shows method to highlight text. Tried doing it with short code also but had the same result.

Basically without changing the images I would like the slider description to be readable. I would prefer that the text of the description could have a dark outline around each letter but if not being able to highlight it like the heading would be the second choice. I have already tried putting the text into a button but it does not look good…………..
    thank you for your help

Participant

also just a thought if i have to go with the highlight option it would be nice to be able to adjust the opacity like i can for the header background 🙂

Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi,

You can use text-shadow css: https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_text-shadow.asp

Or you can add a black transparent overlay to your slider images with the help of Photoshop or any other photo editing tool.

Regards,
    Shri

Participant

Hi – thanks for your reply. Could you please let me know where on WP to add the text shadow css? I am very new to this and have been trying to find the answer myself but after reading and attempting a few different things feel that I am no wiser.

Participant

UPDATE – I have managed to create shadow effects on h1 h2 etc by adding css to custom css box on basic settings. None of these correspond to the slider description what should I put here instead of h1 so that the slider description also has a shadow effect?
    h1 {
    color: white;
    text-shadow: 2px 2px 4px #000000;
    }

Hi,

Kindly use this CSS code there.

.nivo-caption .slide_info h2, .nivo-caption .slide_info p {text-shadow: 2px 2px 4px #000000; color:#fff;}

Regards,
    Chris

pippip
    • Replies: 1
    • Total: 1

Hi i would like to change the size of the description / tag font on the home page slider – where can i do this. Can’t find it under Basic Settings or HomePage SLider in Theme Options

Hi,

Kindly go to Appearance >> Theme Options >> Basic Settings >> Custom CSS Box:

Add this code there:

.nivo-caption .slide_info p { font-size:20px !important; line-height:26px !important;}

Regards,
    Chris

Participant

Hi Chris – thank you that works –
    best wishes
    Nirvikalpini

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.