Can't add code to header or footer

Home Forums All Other Themes Can't add code to header or footer

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    EvaEva
    Participant
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 52
    • Total: 84

Hi
    I have been trying countless times to install different codes either in the header or footer.php and they won’t get verified by the various programmes. I also tried multiple plugins to do the job, but without success. The only working ones are the Google Analytics and Facebook pixel. Why am I not able to add any codes with header and footer plugins?
    Could you please tell me where to add the codes exactly in case I’m doing something wrong?
    I’m using SKT Bakery Pro theme
    Thank you

AndreaAndrea
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 5
    • Total: 8

Hi Eva,

have you tried adding the entire piece of code?

go to header.php
    find the start of the header:

<head>

enter the entire line of verification code:

<meta name=”google-site-verification” content=”here-will-be-your-own-specific-code” />

it must now look like:

<head><meta name=”google-site-verification” content=”here-will-be-your-own-specific-code” />

then go to the bottom of the page and click on ‘update file’

I had no luck with the google verification plugins, but this always worked for me. After updating, you can go back to your google webmaster tools and verify your domain.

Try again! – Good luck, Andrea

EvaEva
    Participant
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 52
    • Total: 84

Hi Andrea, that’s exactly what I have been doing, but unfortunately it doesn’t work. My Google code is working, but almost no other code that I’m trying to apply. I think that there must be something wrong with the theme.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.