Cannot save theme options

Home Forums All Other Themes Cannot save theme options

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    NaderNader
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 5
    • Total: 6

Hello,

I am running the Restaurant Pro theme. I have a problem with WordPress backend.

When I want to make a change in the theme options, then hit the “Save options” button, it does not save any of the changes but redirects me to the “all settings” page automatically. Very strange!!

This is very frustrating and I don’t know what to do. I have tried turning on/off different plugins, switching backend language.

I need to update my site, and I cannot! Please help.

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Okay no worries. Send us details of the URL of the site and WordPress admin via sktthemes.net/contact and we will take care of the issue.

Please mention this forum URL while replying so that we understand what needs to be done.

Regards,
    Shri

NaderNader

I sent you the details to fix my website. NOT TO FOCKING DESTROY EVERYTHING!!!!
    ARE YOU COMPLETELY MAD???? You deleted the entire theme with days of work I put in it!!! I could have done that myself too, damn you!
    I CANT FUCKING BELIEVE IT, PIECE OF SHIT SUPPORT AND SERVICE!!!!

Keymaster

First of all please do not be abusive.

Secondly we didn’t do anything or any change to your site. You said it takes one after saving to the settings page.

We just deleted the theme and tried to upload a fresh theme but it gave an error:

Er ontbreekt een tijdelijke map.

Kindly ask hosting for this.

And then again upload the theme everything will return back to normal as deleting theme does not delete its data.

Regards,
    Shri

NaderNader

Don’t be abusive?! You abused my business website in the first place.

I sent you an email yesterday asking you to explain what you did. No reply.
    Now I sent an angry message and you reply immediately, how odd is that?

You cannot just go and delete stuff from another mans website. This is just simple sabotage what you have done.
    And even if it gives an error, you did this, so you should take responsibility and fix it. Not by just sending me an email that there is an error!

I gave you my login credentials with faith that you could fix this issue. I give you my site with 1 problem, and you return it with 10 more!

This is not how you handle your customers!

Keymaster

Well if you want to be answered in your own words fine lets be it. I did respond immediately after that we couldn’t upload the theme either send us FTP details or ask your hosting.

You have your cpanel. Did you send us ftp details or cpanel for us to upload theme? No sorry you didn’t.

Did you do what i asked you to do above in the first place i.e. upload the theme and see if everything returns back to normal.

No sorry.

All you want to do is fight and then say your business is sabotaged because of us?

Why what did we do? The error was from your part, you yourself did the mistake and instead of accepting that you are blaming us.

We are supposed to provide themes here and other companies do nothing other than that.

But we try to provide this kind of service to clients so that they don’t feel lurched. But some people want to sit on other people head and want to make drama out of nothing.

We can’t help them.

Now again i am mentioning this. Kindly either ask hosting or provide us ftp or upload the theme via cpanel/file manager and activate it. Should be fine.

Regards,
    Shri

NaderNader

And you of all people should know, that by deleting the theme, everything stored into the theme is LOST!!!!! All the images, settings, changes, layout, text, all gone!

Think before you do something!

Keymaster

God!!! Unbelievable.

No the theme options panel doesn’t delete ANYTHING!!! We are developers here. No it doesn’t delete any data from database with delete of theme.

Should i shoot a video and send it here to make you understand that the data won’t be deleted.

NaderNader

You charge money for your themes, every company who charges money for their themes should offer support. And this is clearly a theme related issue as I mentioned. Off course I caused this issue, but I am not a programmer, all the changes I made are in backend. I don’t mess with any codes or whatsoever, if using the wordpress and theme properly, this should not happen.

And even so, before deleting the theme you could have communicated this to me, before doing it. If I install a new theme, all the settings are still gone, as if I hit the “restore all defaults” button. Which basically makes the website as the stock layout.

So your point of “simply uploading the theme” will not restore my website.

Luckily I have made backups for these kind of things.
    I have restored my site, but the error of my initial problem offcourse still exists…

I would appreciate if you have any suggestions on how to fix this…

Keymaster

Okay so since the site is back to normal kindly ask hosting for file upload size and temporary folder if possible because the error last time given was unable to create folder. So not sure if this is permission issue for the folder.

Regards,
    Shri

NaderNader

Thanks for leading me in the right direction. I changed the permission options into 755 in my FTP folders, and it works now. Not sure if this was the actual fix, but it works now anyway.

But I find it very strange because I never touched these settings, and out of a sudden I had this problem.

Keymaster

Okay great that its solved. Please remember that any theme would work fine as we have sold same theme to several customers and if there are such errors people would come back to us. So never would be such problems due to theme but its due to the installation.

Hosting might have the answer as to why permissions got changed they might have done it due to security reasons.

Regards,
    Shri

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.