Attributes for social media – homepage setup

Home Forums SKT Black/White Theme Support Attributes for social media – homepage setup

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BarboraBarbora
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 3
    • Total: 6

Hello, please, how can I setup attributes for social media (= required picture and text for display my domain adress in social media)? Unfortunately I can not see my homepage in “Pages” section. If necessary I have no problem have “HOME” as a part of menu. But I am not able to create page “home”, which will look like my current homepage.

In case you need any other details about my problem, please, let me know.
    Thak you for help in advance!

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi Barbora,

Do you mean normal setting up of social media in footer of the site?

Regards,
    Shri

BarboraBarbora
    Participant

Hi Shri,

No, I think set up in system itself, not in webside frontend. We call it in Czech Republic attributes, but maybe there is another official expression. Sorry.

But thing is..I had installed SEO Ultimate plugin. After that I can see on every single page in section Pages new window, where I can define text and picture, which will be shown, when I put link of current page in FB/G+/etc newsfeed. Problem is that Homepage does not have its own page in section Pages, so I can not set up picture and text for this page (what is honestly the most important page for display in social media newsfeeds).

Maybe you have any better solution, how to solve this problem. I would be grateful!
    Thank you.

Best regards, Barbora

• Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30677
    • Total: 30677

Hi Barbora,

Do the following: Share your link on Facebook then on the top click on Add Photos/Videos and add the photo/screenshot of your homepage. And click on post. It will appear with the picture as well as the link.

This happens only on homepage due to the script causing us not to share thumbnails. Rest anywhere on the site you share it on facebook picks up the image.

Regards,
    Dave

BarboraBarbora
    Participant

Thank you Dave,
    I understand what you described, but unfortunately it is not a solution – I am not the only one who shares my adress and I can not affect what will be shown, when my clients, friends, fans share my link. And it is what I would like to. Pitty..

Anyway, thanks a lot for your time and tips.

Best regards, Barbora

• Topics: 0
    • Replies: 30677
    • Total: 30677

Alright

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Attributes for social media – homepage setup’ is closed to new replies.