upload media has stopped working properly

Home Forums All Other Themes upload media has stopped working properly

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RobinRobin
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 3
    • Total: 6

I just uploaded my new WordPress site to my GoDaddy domain and it went live this morning; but most of the photos had disappeared from the posts (+ one or two from the pages), so I started putting them back in manually from the media library and also by uploading additional images from my computer. After I had done 3 or 4 the ‘upload media’ facility stopped being able to complete the transfers, so now I can’t transfer the photos I need from my computer into my media library. What do I do?

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

It is a case of moving site from one location to another. I am sure your photos are pointing to the old folder.

Regards,
    Shri

RobinRobin
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 3
    • Total: 6

Thanks Shri, you are right of course. I worked out why too, when I found little dots with the web address of the photo beside the frame in which the photo should have appeared. They were photos I had transported directly from the blogspot on my old site rather than via the media library on my new theme. I’ve copied them all in now and everything is fine. Thanks for your help.

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Oh okay glad you could figure it out.

Regards,
    Shri

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘upload media has stopped working properly’ is closed to new replies.