Feature Suggestion: Load DIFFERENT slider photos for mobile

Home Forums SKT Full Width Forum Feature Suggestion: Load DIFFERENT slider photos for mobile

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rod GilliardRod Gilliard
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 6
    • Total: 8

As you can see on my website http://bisnus.com my photos look great on PC and Tablet, but look ridiculous on mobile phones, because the script doesn’t manage the size and focus of photos for mobile. It just grabs the first few pixels from the left. And after the slide rotation it randomly refocuses on different pixels. It would be much simpler to manage if you used DIFFERENT slider photos for mobile.

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi Rod,

Probably you are trying to just resize your browser and come to this conclusion.

The supersized script we used for the slider doesn’t work like that when on actual mobile phones. It does focus on the center and then tries to keep the image centered. But it doesn’t crops the photo because we have to show full sized images otherwise in certain browsers it will show stretched and in some squeezed.

Hence it doesn’t display part of the right hand side as per the browser resolution and tries to display as much image as it can.

Regards,
    Shri

Rod GilliardRod Gilliard

I am not resizing the broswer. I sent you screenshots of the behavior which you should be able to reproduce. Moreover, a full size photo doesn’t have the same viewing perspective on a small mobile screen as it does on a PC or tablet. For example, if there are specific people and objects in the full size photo, then they won’t be visible on a mobile device. I’m not sure how that is supposed to be useful for a business or a photography studio. The images in your template are random scenery photos, however in business, photos will not just be random scenes where it doesn’t matter what part of the photo is visible (like an ocean or a garden). If mobile view doesn’t display specific people and specific objects in a photo, then it’s not very useful to use the same photo as for desktop. This is why I suggested that you use different photos. I am very surprised that your response hinders on “browser resizing”, when that’s not what the issue is.

Rod GilliardRod Gilliard

And by the way, as you can see on my slider, it doesn’t always center the image. Sometimes it looks at only the left. And if you rotate the device and then rotate it back, it looks somewhere else. With my first image, you can reproduce this yourself, you will notice that it will select a different area of the same image on the 2nd rotation, by itself.

Sonnal S SinhaSonnal S Sinha
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 6964
    • Total: 6974

Hi Rod,

I don’t think i put forth my points correctly. Yes what you are saying with regards to people is correct and yes some people may get cut on cell phone.

So do this in functions.php you can change fit_always = 0 change this to 1.

And fit_portrait=1 change this to 0.

Then images would fit always in the screen but would show black or the default background.

Regards,
    Shri

Rod GilliardRod Gilliard

Wow. Thank you very much! I like that much better! Did you get my email for assistance I need with lining up the margins? I sent screenshots and details to [email protected] 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.